PCM Calibration update needed loop SOLVED for me

Post any issues or questions regarding the inTune auto updater application, or any PC related issues here.
Black Knight

PCM Calibration update needed loop SOLVED for me

Post by Black Knight »

So… I read several posts about this error, and I thought I had the same problem, :crashing: especially since I just had my car in for service but I know that I made sure to restore the stock tune to the vehicle before they ever saw it.

Turns out that the message that says to unplug it when it’s in the “main screen” or “disclaimer screen” when you do the I2 updates is misleading (to me it was) because it’s already in the main screen when this message is displayed, and stays there for a good while afterward making you think it's done.

Leave the tuner sit there for a good 10 minutes maybe longer or so plugged in to your PC after the updates are “done”, and you will see a message that says “preparing” this will last 5-10 minutes and then it will start “writing”, then it will go to "preparing" for another 5-10 minutes, then "writing" again. After the second time “writing” it said “verifying”. Then it went into the main screen and instantly rebooted. After reboot, it said “Installing” then “upgrade complete” that only took a few minutes. I then unplugged it from my PC.

Next I plugged it into my vehicle. It now gave me the message “A PCM calibration update has been loaded for this vehicle. It will now be prepared for installation" after I selected "Write Vehicle". Then you have to press “Continue”

Then it writes the “Calibration Update” to your vehicle - similar to how you tune it with turning the key off and on etc...

After that I was able to tune 13’ my Chrysler 200 V6 with no issues - back in business. :drivingbad:

I have had this thing a year and have never seen it do updates in this way. Maybe because it’s a major upgrade instead of just an update? I honestly don’t know.

This may not be your problem but it was mine and I hope this helps someone.
2015 Chrysler 200 S AWD
2013 Chrysler 200 Limited 3.6L V6
RyanayR

Re: PCM Calibration update needed loop SOLVED for me

Post by RyanayR »

Hello, I'm having a similar issue.

I'm letting the device sit plugged in now.
I've followed every single step and it keeps telling me my vehicle needs another update right after it gets done "successfully" updating to my car. I've went back and forth about 6 times now hoping it'd be the last update.. But obviously theres a different issue to why it keeps looping back and forth.
mikel

Re: PCM Calibration update needed loop SOLVED for me

Post by mikel »

RyanayR wrote:Hello, I'm having a similar issue.

I'm letting the device sit plugged in now.
I've followed every single step and it keeps telling me my vehicle needs another update right after it gets done "successfully" updating to my car. I've went back and forth about 6 times now hoping it'd be the last update.. But obviously theres a different issue to why it keeps looping back and forth.
please post the info.xml file from the device.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com