Ignition Updater - Windows 10 - Latest build

Post any issues or questions regarding the inTune auto updater application, or any PC related issues here.
kylix.rd

Ignition Updater - Windows 10 - Latest build

Post by kylix.rd »

I'm running the latest Windows 10 build and when i plug in the i2, it only shows up as a USB serial device with MS drivers. It doesn't show up as a USB drive, so the Ignition updater doesn't recognize it. I have two Windows 10 systems that do the same thing. I tried on a Mac and the drive shows up, but it's a corporate machine and I cannot use it for this purpose. There are no error messages or any indications of any errors.
mikel

Re: Ignition Updater - Windows 10 - Latest build

Post by mikel »

kylix.rd wrote:I'm running the latest Windows 10 build and when i plug in the i2, it only shows up as a USB serial device with MS drivers. It doesn't show up as a USB drive, so the Ignition updater doesn't recognize it. I have two Windows 10 systems that do the same thing. I tried on a Mac and the drive shows up, but it's a corporate machine and I cannot use it for this purpose. There are no error messages or any indications of any errors.
try installing this driver:

http://installers.diablosport.com/softw ... er_2.5.exe

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
kylix.rd

Post by kylix.rd »

That changed the driver used for the COM port (Diablosport i2 CDC). It still isn't recognized by the Ignition software nor does the USB drive show up. Is there any diagnostic/debugging information I can gather to help diagnose this issue? I've uninstalled/reinstalled, and rebooted.

Right now I have no way to backup/restore tunes or install licenses for new vehicles.
kylix.rd

Post by kylix.rd »

Looking a little closer, in Device Manager, there is now a node under Disk Drives, DBLOSPORT inTine USB Device. However no drive letter is assigned. If I try to force one in Disk Management, it give me errors. It shows up in Disk Management as a 100MB partition without any information about its filesystem or its health.
kylix.rd

Post by kylix.rd »

Here's the status. I was able to get it to work with another Windows 10 machine that isn't the latest fast-ring build, but is the latest release build.

Now I've encountered another problem; I purchased two additional licenses using the Ignition software (paid the ~$200), got the email receipt and allowed the Ignition software to update the tuner. However, it still only has 1 license on the device.

Thinking that maybe the software won't add additional licenses on a device which is already using one, I restored the original factory tune on the vehicle using the license and verified that the device is no longer "tied" to any vehicle. I re-connected to the computer and let the Ignition software do its thing. Nope. Still only 1 license on the tuner.

Is there something else I need to do to get the two licenses I just purchased onto the device? Nothing in the email receipt indicates that I need to do anything. All the instructions imply that purchasing through the Ignition software is all that is needed to add a license. I should now have a total of 3 licenses for 3 separate vehicles, yet am unable to figure out how to get them into the device.
mikel

Post by mikel »

kylix.rd wrote:Here's the status. I was able to get it to work with another Windows 10 machine that isn't the latest fast-ring build, but is the latest release build.

Now I've encountered another problem; I purchased two additional licenses using the Ignition software (paid the ~$200), got the email receipt and allowed the Ignition software to update the tuner. However, it still only has 1 license on the device.

Thinking that maybe the software won't add additional licenses on a device which is already using one, I restored the original factory tune on the vehicle using the license and verified that the device is no longer "tied" to any vehicle. I re-connected to the computer and let the Ignition software do its thing. Nope. Still only 1 license on the tuner.

Is there something else I need to do to get the two licenses I just purchased onto the device? Nothing in the email receipt indicates that I need to do anything. All the instructions imply that purchasing through the Ignition software is all that is needed to add a license. I should now have a total of 3 licenses for 3 separate vehicles, yet am unable to figure out how to get them into the device.
please post the info.xml file from the i2 drive so I ca check this out.

do you have the invoice that should have been emailed to you with the order numbers?
if so Id love the order numbers as well please.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
kylix.rd

Post by kylix.rd »

The info.xml file is attached.

The order number from the email is: #700003493

Both of additional licenses are on that one order.
Attachments
info.xml
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 1459 times
mikel

Post by mikel »

please update and it should add the licenses.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
kylix.rd

Post by kylix.rd »

Thanks! Whatever you did, worked. It's got 3 licenses now.