Vehicle not supported; cant read vehicle

Post any issues or questions regarding the inTune auto updater application, or any PC related issues here.
lVlemphiz

Vehicle not supported; cant read vehicle

Post by lVlemphiz »

I see this problem just cropped up for quite a few people

Car is a 2003 Neon SRT4 that needs a custom tune to even move...

I was adjusting the timing on my tune when the write failed (full battery, my predator talks to PCM no problem...just this I2 that is dropping the ball). I got the original backup restored (does me no good though since car has big injectors and map sensors). It seems the I2 doesn't acknowledge the PCM; won't read the vehicle.

I tried to update via wifi (no updates) and tried to do it through ignition where I get the attached error.

I noticed in the other threads DS staff would provide customers with a new DRG file that seemed to get them back on the road. If I could get one of those DRG files too that would make my day. Thank you
Attachments
PCM_05029832AE_Backup.drg
(43.14 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
info.xml
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
error.PNG
error.PNG (277.02 KiB) Viewed 11392 times
lVlemphiz

Re: Vehicle not supported; cant read vehicle

Post by lVlemphiz »

Called tech support; they don't seem to be very helpful with this problem.

Was hoping MikeL could chime in with one of those drg files....

They reset the tool; it then spoke to the car and uploaded my custom tune. However at the end of the write process when I cycled the key I didn't hear the PCM kick the fuel pumps on. Tried to do a Force Calibration but it said an unexpected error has occurred.

Tech support told me to d/c battery and hold down brake pedal for 5 mins and retry. Get same problem of I2 saying the vehicle is not recognized and that I need to update the I2.

I have attached the latest INFO.XML file below. Please help; this DS product is holding my car hostage.
Attachments
info.xml
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 586 times
mikel

Post by mikel »

Its not clear to me what the issue is here....

the device says it is married to the vehicle, as if it has saved a backup.
What is happening when you try to tune the vehicle?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lVlemphiz

Post by lVlemphiz »

mikel wrote:Its not clear to me what the issue is here....

the device says it is married to the vehicle, as if it has saved a backup.
What is happening when you try to tune the vehicle?

Thanks
I think something went really wrong in the write process....

After it told me it wrote the tune....I couldnt start the car (pumps dont prime and starter doesnt turn over) and my obd port no longer powers up my scangauge

Before the tool reset.....it gave me back my OG backup and my obd port still worked (Predator could talk to PCM but the i2 told me vehicle not supported). Unfortunately now Im in worse shape than where i started.....because I believe my PCM is bricked as the OBD port is dead now
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

if obd port has no power, it's a blown fuse.. check/replace your cig lighter and aux power fuses.. that's where the obd port gets its power from.. (well, on GM's anyway.. ;) )
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
lVlemphiz

Post by lVlemphiz »

06MonteSS wrote:if obd port has no power, it's a blown fuse.. check/replace your cig lighter and aux power fuses.. that's where the obd port gets its power from.. (well, on GM's anyway.. ;) )

Ill check for blown fuses when I get back home. Thanks
mikel

Post by mikel »

so the device was able to communicate at one point, if it saved a backup and failed to write a tune.
I have to imagine there is possibly a connectivity issue in the vehicle harness somewhere.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lVlemphiz

Post by lVlemphiz »

mikel wrote:so the device was able to communicate at one point, if it saved a backup and failed to write a tune.
I have to imagine there is possibly a connectivity issue in the vehicle harness somewhere.
Ill look for a fuse but I dont know how the harness would have changed with the car sitting in the garage. No other symptoms until the I2 failed to recognize vehicle.

Also....the pumps turned off as part of the write procedure like they always do.... they just never came back on. Seems to all start there....
lVlemphiz

Post by lVlemphiz »

after using my test light and multimeter to trace wires from the pcm to the data connector link....

Turns out it's DEFINITELY NOT the harness....only signal not coming into data link connector is the PCM transmit and receive pins. B+ is there so the port has power and the wires from PCM to data connector are not shorted (they can carry current).

It's this simple.....I2 turned my PCM offline during the write procedure and never gave it the command to come back on. I don't know if the PCM is internally destroyed or it just needs to be woken up but it's 100% not the vehicle harness. It wouldn't even make sense for it to be the harness since I know exactly what happened the minute the PCM went offline....