Latest I-1000-DCX releases here

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
andrew.turnbull@sourcing.co.za

Re: Latest I-1000-DCX releases here

Post by andrew.turnbull@sourcing.co.za »

Hi,

I just updated my device and can now no longer change tire size. It goes to 10% and then says "failed to update tire size". this happens when changing either by height or 280/75 etc.

help
garrett
Site Admin

Post by garrett »

andrew.turnbull@sourcing.co.za wrote:Hi,

I just updated my device and can now no longer change tire size. It goes to 10% and then says "failed to update tire size". this happens when changing either by height or 280/75 etc.

help

Did you physically change the tire size from what came on the vehicle stock?
beheperformance

Post by beheperformance »

I've got a 2013 Jeep SRT8 6.4. I've updated the in tune that came in with this vehicle but it looks like my CMR software needs updating as that vehicle is not in my database. How do I install this update?
azjeeps

Post by azjeeps »

garrett wrote:
are the tires on the vehicle the tires that came from factory? If so, there's no need to adjust the tire size.
No, the tires are 315/70 R17. But the unit is set to 34.5" ( I think that is the last size I had on the previous Jeep) and I can not change it, it says "Failed to update Tire size". And this is the size it defaulted when I first started the Tuning on this Jeep. I don't mind it because the speedo is only off by 1 mph @50 mph. But i would like to see if I can fine tune it sometime.

Also, I have tried to adjust the TPMS threshold, it says it is successful, but it keeps going back to 43 psi, I am trying to get it down to 30 psi. I have tried it with the TPMS enabled and disabled and it still goes back to 43.
2013 JKU 10th Anniversary Edition
3.5" Lift, Banks CAI, Custom Flowmaster Cat-Back exhaust, 315/70 R17 Tires.
azjeeps

Post by azjeeps »

beheperformance wrote:I've got a 2013 Jeep SRT8 6.4. I've updated the in tune that came in with this vehicle but it looks like my CMR software needs updating as that vehicle is not in my database. How do I install this update?

Did you install the tunes that are at the start of the thread?

If not, download them, then plug in the DCX, and drag and drop them (copy) to the DCX. it should automatically install and update and will reboot itself.
2013 JKU 10th Anniversary Edition
3.5" Lift, Banks CAI, Custom Flowmaster Cat-Back exhaust, 315/70 R17 Tires.

garrett wrote:
andrew.turnbull@sourcing.co.za wrote:Hi,

help

Did you physically change the tire size from what came on the vehicle stock?
Yes but the jeep would never know :)

I am fine tuning my tire size to get the speedo right. I am on about 33's. Before I updated the tool I could do this now it just says "failed to update tire size". How can I roll back to working software for the tuner?

Update. It seems to just say it has failed as if I unplug it and plug it in again it says the tire size is what I set it to. I dont know if it reads the size from the vehicle or if it remembers itself though. So I guess I am not sure it really changes.

Tire drama

Ok next update. After my last post where I had change the tire size, the tuner said it failed but when restarted said the size was what I had said.

I then drove the vehicle and found the speedo had stopped working. So I restored the vehicle to stock and during that process the tuner went into a kind of reentrant loop where it kept trying the restore TPMS, Foglights, One touch indicators, tire size over and over and over until it said "restore of original backup failed"

Luckily for me it had actually written the code to the ecu so I was able to then install my tune. It still wont let me change the tire size but until you guys come up with a fix I am going to leave it alone.

Vehicle is 2011 3.8 JK wrangler and if it makes any difference I have a blower and a custom tune.

PS - I can reproduce the re-entrant looping anytime by just resetting all adjustable parameters.
rmilot

Post by rmilot »

I'm having the same issues. Restoring last tune fails as well since there were updates made to it. Please help. I've also tried installing a diablo tune such as 91 octane and then attempting to modify tire size. This also results in same error attempting to adjust tire size. I am able to adjust other parameters. I believe this is related to last update, which I did last week.
jeepster12

Post by jeepster12 »

Hi

Downloaded the most recent update over the weekend. My '13 Jeep JKU needs a service and when I went to return it back to stock, the restore process stopped towards the end saying it couldn't complete the restore. I tried 3 times and each time it crashed when attempting to restore the tire size in the last few steps. Should I force the restore?
njb54homeboy

Post by njb54homeboy »

So the auto update updated my intune for all I know. I left it at my computer, went away for a few hours, then came back and it seemed done. For some reason the tuner keeps trying to do recovery mode, and the shop I have my car at currently because they installed heads and a cam, are having the same issue when they ty to load the tune it keeps trying to do the recovery mode thing. It is def holding up my car being finished, I should have had it back this past Thursday. Any ideas why it would be doing the whole recovery thing? Oh the car is a 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T.
cq842000

Post by cq842000 »

garrett wrote:
azjeeps wrote:Did the update for the 2013 JK, got the Jeep all setup up, but a few issues.

1) could not change tire size, but it looks like it was set to 34.5" which is close for my setup (not sure if 34.5" or 35" would be ideal). Says "write failed"
2) Upon first few drive the "Gas cap" warning came on, cleared itself on the 4th start up and hasn't returned since.

Wins:

1) Seems that the 87 octane has more pep then before, but not sure since previous setup was on a 12' and now a 13' JK
2) Shift points seem better also then before.

One request. Can you put a list together in like a .pdf or something of all the new/old features and what they do with specifics and what happens when changed? IE like the swaybar, front/rear locker, fog light. I haven't been able to play with them yet to find out for myself, but I am not a big fan of reading/writing to the ECU all the time.
are the tires on the vehicle the tires that came from factory? If so, there's no need to adjust the tire size.
as for a list of all the adjustments, select your year/make/model in the drop downs on http://www.diablosport.com then select your device and it will list all the tunes you will have available and all the adjustable parameters.
2012 charger we
The only thing I don't see in the intune for my vehicle even though it is listed is shift firmness. Shift firmness is a feature I'd be really excited to have with this 8 speed transmission... So tired of the delayed shifts that are disappointingly soft and slow even by OE standards. The last dyno I hopped on, the dyno operator expressed his worry for the life of my trans due to the shifts being so slow. I would love to have nice firm crisp shifts. I am more excited for shift firmness adjustment than for shift point adjustment. I'm pretty sure a lot of intune/trinity owners with the 8 SPD trans would get a "kick" out of this adjustable parameter. I know "eventually" and "no eta", that's cool... I would just like a reason to be excited about waiting. Also I agree that an incremental change log would be awesome and extremely convenient. I use them for software version control as most devs do.
ledman

Post by ledman »

mikel wrote:This is the current application and tune database for I-1000-DCX.
Are these still the current versions for the intune? My intune says it has version 1r03s, and it loaded the canned 91 octane tune just fine onto my car, after I let it self update on my PC.
How do you open those itf files anyways? I tried, but my PC says it doesn't have the correct program, and anywhere online I have checked for a free program, they want you to pay for a full version that will open these types of files. Thanks! BTW< my car is a more of a beast now thanks to the intune!!
Michiganboi

Post by Michiganboi »

Just registered my brand new In-Tune :D everything seemed to have went well though I haven't applied the Tune yet. My unit updated automatically to latest 1r01p once connected to my computer. I'm thinking simple enough, however I come here and I see 2 files 1r03p.itf and 1r01f.itf. So, per normal precedures to take, Is my In-tune smart enough to go and grab the latest updates when I connect to my PC? Or am I coming here and manually updating each time. Also, Why is there there 2 files to download? Latest release vs latest releases. A bit confusing for a newbie :normal:
j.mike@diablosport

Post by j.mike@diablosport »

Michiganboi wrote:Just registered my brand new In-Tune :D everything seemed to have went well though I haven't applied the Tune yet. My unit updated automatically to latest 1r01p once connected to my computer. I'm thinking simple enough, however I come here and I see 2 files 1r03p.itf and 1r01f.itf. So, per normal precedures to take, Is my In-tune smart enough to go and grab the latest updates when I connect to my PC? Or am I coming here and manually updating each time. Also, Why is there there 2 files to download? Latest release vs latest releases. A bit confusing for a newbie :normal:

If you're using a PC with Windows you don't have to manually download the files, and by what you're saying above you've already run the update software to download whatever was not up to date. There are different databases that can be updated, as well as the firmware itself that runs the tool. You can check to see what version of the firmware or databases your inTune is using by selecting Settings / Tool Info / Firmware Info.

On that screen the "Application" line is the firmware version. As I type this, the most current version is 1r03t, with the previous being 1r03s, and the next to be 1r03u, and so on.

For the most part, the other line that you would concern yourself with is the Tune Db (for "tunes database") pertaining to the vehicle you are tuning. As an example, as of right now the most current GM Tune Db is 1r01v, with each version succeeding in alpha-numeric order as they do with the firmware.

Whenever you run the updater software, the program checks the tool, then queries our server to compare what files (if any) need to be downloaded and applied to the tool. It will automatically grab anything that is not the most current, regardless of what vehicle it was or will be used to tune.

Cliffs Notes: If you are run the auto updater software, it will retrieve whatever files are not current and load them onto the tool, so you don't have to get them yourself.
Diablosport Sales Team
Caffeine Engineer

Please do no PM me! Send an email to mikem@diablosport.com if you need to contact me.