Car shuts off after tune

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
HemiOrange#082

Car shuts off after tune

Post by HemiOrange#082 »

Mike or any other admin,

Dealer flashed my car with a new PCM update 2 weeks ago which resulted in me having PCM update issues when i tried to re-tune my vehicle. Everything was perfectly fine during the 2 weeks i drove the car with the factory tune. This morning my intune issues were resolved (resolution did not take 2 weeks, i wanted to drive the car stock for a while before i called Diablosport about my issue to compare tune difference) so i tuned my car with the 91 CAI tune. While driving i approached a stop light and right before i come to a complete stop the engine dies. I restart the car and drive off. While driving again i approach a residential street where i slow down to make the turn and the engine dies again mid turn. This behavior continues as i drive to my destination. I get to where i was going and return the car back to the stock tune, however, even on the stock tune the engine still dies as i come to stops and during turns. Have you heard of anyone experiencing this issue before? where do i go from here?
HemiOrange#082

Re: Car shuts off after tune

Post by HemiOrange#082 »

I have to say the i am quite disappointed that i have yet to receive any response to my issue even though posts after mine have been responded to, meanwhile may car still shuts off while driving. I expected more from this channel of Diablosport in search of help....
mikel

Post by mikel »

ive never heard of this, but its not likely tune related, Id have the dealer look at it for sure.

Any codes being thrown?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
HemiOrange#082

Post by HemiOrange#082 »

mikel wrote:ive never heard of this, but its not likely tune related, Id have the dealer look at it for sure.

Any codes being thrown?
No codes were thrown but the dealer resolved my issue. There was a driveability update and a couple of other software TSB's that were available and performed by the dealer which resolved the issue. However, i did not have the stalling problem before applying the tune which makes me a little leery about trying the tune again.