Nothing happens when I select anything from the main screen

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
DoubleTap

Nothing happens when I select anything from the main screen

Post by DoubleTap »

I just bought a brand new intune I-1000-DCX tuner for my 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 and nothing happens once I plug it into the truck and select tune vehicle or scan tools, etc. other than the text below each option disappearing when I try to make a selection and reappearing when I try to make a selection again.
I first took it out of the packaging and hooked it to the PC and it said it needed to be updated. So I did the full update exactly as the instructions and the update screen said to do. It finished the update and rebooted and then I removed the tuner from my PC. I then went to tune my truck by plugging the cable into the tuner and then into the OBDII port. The tuner powered on and asked about the agreement and I clicked ok. Then when it got to the main screen it said it needed an update so I went back in the office and plugged it back into the PC and it did another update but this time it was a quick update. I also did the registration. Then I took the tuner back out to the truck and plugged everything back into the OBDII port. The Main screen came on and I selected Tune Vehicle. It didn't do anything but maintain the main screen but the text like Tune Vehicle, Scan Tool and Settings were no longer under the logo. I waited and then eventually pressed the tune vehicle logo again. It did its thing and then asked me to turn the key to the on position which I did. Then the screen just froze on the tuner. I waited and waited and nothing so I eventually unplugged it from the truck. I turned the truck off and tried going through everything again. But now when it gets to the main screen and I select Tune Vehicle the text under each logo just disappears and the tuner does nothing. When I select Tune vehicle again then the text reappears but the tuner does nothing. and every time I press any selection on the tuner such as tune vehicle or scan tool or settings or the question mark all it does is make the text disappear and reappear each time I press anything. I have tried doing the complete process over and over of unplugging and replugging the tuner back into the port and it just does the same thing with the text disappear and reappear thing it does.
Just as a side note. When I look at the intune device under my computer there is nothing saved under any of the files including the tunes file. 0kb are being used from any of the folders other than 2kb under info. Nothing in the logs folder, runtime folder or tunes folder. I am extremely frustrated and just want this tuner to do what its supposed to do.
mastahscott

Re: Nothing happens when I select anything from the main scr

Post by mastahscott »

Just wondering , you say there are no files in there , yet you ran update , try update again . Update should download and install the files in there. I guess you installed the driver and all that first?
If worse comes to worse , I guess I or someone could send you the files that should be on the device and you could copy them over to it , then run update again to make sure all is okay.
Hope this helps you , mine works fine but what a piece of crap really, you can update rev limit in idle so you can blow your engine if you want , but you can also change the rev limit in drive mode , however nothing really changes I think mainly because you cannot change shift points therefore the rev limit in drive mode is useless amongst other things like that fuel crap.
DoubleTap

Re: Nothing happens when I select anything from the main scr

Post by DoubleTap »

I have tried to run an update again a few times but it says this tuner is up to date. I should have something in those files right? or does it not show the diablo canned tunes and those folders are for custom tunes and datalogging?

thanks for the help