Board index inTune i-1000 Technical Discussion inTune DCX (i-1000-DCX) DCX wont update

DCX wont update

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
Post Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:57 pm

Hello,

Just like a few other posters here, I took my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee to the dealer so i removed my tune and set it back to the OG settings. I never had a problem with my intune DCX before. The dealer said there was a bulletin on my car and did a PCM flash. When I tried to reinstall the tune, i got a similar message to what others have received saying i needed a calibration update, then saying my vehicle isn't supported.. Here is my journey so far:

Before going to the dealer, I re-installed the stock tune.

Received the car back from the dealer yesterday and noticed on the work order that they also flashed the PCM

I plugged in the device in to the OBDII port on the car

went to the "write tune", Turned the key to the acc position when requested, Received the following message
"PCM Calibration for [VIN] might need an update. Check for Calibration update?"

I select the green check mark and after a second or 2 I get the next message:
"Please unplug this InTune and then connect it to a PC with internet access. You may now unplug the device and connect it to a PC"

I took it and plugged it in to my PC, It auto loaded up the InTune updater. I pressed "Update" and it gives me the following message:
"There are no updates available for at this time"

I attempted this process 4-5 times with the exact same outcome.

One thing I noticed is that the updater that is automatically loading is now intune2, and not the regular updater.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much in advance. I am also including my info file.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:47 am

The_Honeywagon wrote:
Hello,

Just like a few other posters here, I took my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee to the dealer so i removed my tune and set it back to the OG settings. I never had a problem with my intune DCX before. The dealer said there was a bulletin on my car and did a PCM flash. When I tried to reinstall the tune, i got a similar message to what others have received saying i needed a calibration update, then saying my vehicle isn't supported.. Here is my journey so far:

Before going to the dealer, I re-installed the stock tune.

Received the car back from the dealer yesterday and noticed on the work order that they also flashed the PCM

I plugged in the device in to the OBDII port on the car

went to the "write tune", Turned the key to the acc position when requested, Received the following message
"PCM Calibration for [VIN] might need an update. Check for Calibration update?"

I select the green check mark and after a second or 2 I get the next message:
"Please unplug this InTune and then connect it to a PC with internet access. You may now unplug the device and connect it to a PC"

I took it and plugged it in to my PC, It auto loaded up the InTune updater. I pressed "Update" and it gives me the following message:
"There are no updates available for at this time"

I attempted this process 4-5 times with the exact same outcome.

One thing I noticed is that the updater that is automatically loading is now intune2, and not the regular updater.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much in advance. I am also including my info file.

Thanks.

Are you 100% sure you restored the stock tune?
The device is currently married to a vehicle.
It needs to be reset, please fax or email proof of the dealer flash to us then we can reset it over the phone, email, or here.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:23 pm

i haven't been to the dealership but I am having all of the same problems with my 2007 charger 6.1L I try to tune it and the intune tells me the PCM needs to be updated and to remove it and plug the intune into my comper, I connect the intune to my computer and the update software says my tuner is up to date. I have tried this process three times with no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time. :normal:

Return to inTune DCX (i-1000-DCX)