Mixing E85 with Regular Gas

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
gwjturner

Mixing E85 with Regular Gas

Post by gwjturner »

2013 Chrysler 300C 5.7L AWD

I have the 93 octane (Diablo) tune loaded on my car and use 93 octane gas. After doing a lot of reading and on-line research of other forums, I decided to try mixing some E85 (105 octane) in on my last fill up. My tank is 19 gallons and I put 2.7 gallons of e85 on top of 93 octane gas. I also added 2% fuel enrichment to WOT in all RPM ranges. WOW! I noticed an immediate difference in WOT pull and in throttle response. At this mix rate, there is approximately 11% e85. So far, there has been NO drivability/runability issues. While I recognize the issues of using - 100% - e85, ie, AFR, Stoichiometric calculation, injector size and fuel pump capacity; I'm not interested in 100% e85, just interested in mixing/adding a few gallons of e85 as an octane booster.

My questions for you are, considering my vehicle:

1. Does the 93 octane (Diablo) tune change the parameters that my stock ECM can adjust for AFR?

2. I recognize that Diablo cannot recommend this mixing practice and I am not looking for a recommendation, however, in your professional tuner experience, do you think that up to a 30% e85 mix would be an issue for the ECM to adjust for?

3. Not looking for a recommendation; do you think adding to WOT timing above the 93 octane tune will be of benefit?