'05 Dodge Magnum " No ECU Found"

Post questions/issues related to your inTune-DCX application here.
B|acknd

'05 Dodge Magnum " No ECU Found"

Post by B|acknd »

I can not get inTune to read the ECU on my '05 Dodge Magnum. If i chose Scan Tool then DTC, it will find the ECU and give me the option to read or clear codes. When i choose read, it tells me there are no codes, which is wrong because i have a check engine light on. If i back out and choose "DTC" again it will not find the ECU. Its like it will allow me to do 1 thing then it looses communication with the ECU.

The car currently has a tune on it, I'm unsure which one (i think 91 octane). I just purchased the car and it came with the inTune. The previous owner told me to write back the stock tune, pull fuse 11 for a few minutes, retune the car, pull fuse 11 again for a few minutes. But, I'm afraid of trying to write a tune if this thing will not communicate correctly with the ECU.

Any one know how to fix this? inTune is completely up to date, and my info file is attached.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Re: '05 Dodge Magnum " No ECU Found"

Post by mikel »

its not uncommon to see this on the early 05s as they have some odd communication issues, but it should work fine to write a tune.
The codes are something we are looking into as they dont always display right.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com