Updated intune (ignition) and canned tunes gone.

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Nightshade

Re: Updated intune (ignition) and canned tunes gone.

Post by Nightshade »

Big horn wrote:Yeah I got the ignition software also. I Havent used it since I had already updated my intune. The fan settings,I still have the stock thermostat. If I dropped the temp from 230 down to 215,does that mean my truck will run at 215 driving extremely hard? Summer time is here and I was towing my temps got to 223 I think? I live in the Smokey mountains so if I can get the temps down that would be great. Also I have a CAI. Otherwise the truck is stock. I'm looking for a little kick with good MPG. The truck being stock I doubt the CAI will have any affect. Thanks.
(based on what I knew about the hemi in my daytona)
If you change the temps it will result in the fans coming on sooner... can have a positive impact.. at least did on the charger.. but I also had a 180 degree tstat.. I saw an improvement even with the canned MPG tune.. both mileage and power were better than stock..

I know setting the tuner at 215 won't make it run at that temp.. it will just make the fans come on sooner and it will then TRY to make it to that temp.. while towing in the mountains isn't gonna happen.. :) but 230 is nowhere near scary.. changing your thermostat to something that opens earlier may help in conjunction with engaging the fans sooner too...
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Bump.

There was more details added on page 1.. I know you guys are busy so it could have been missed.
I have some more information that may help.

I loaded my custom tune back onto the i2 for giggles. It now doesn't complain about being unsupported. But the easy tune button is still missing.

Suspect that the tuner since the update does not see any tunes on the tuner that match my truck and subsequently state that it is not supported. When I load the custom tune on the tuner it now has a custom tune that matches my vehicle and presents that to me (but still has no canned diablo tunes so leaves the easy tune greyed out)

If I remove the custom tune it goes back to unsupported.

I will attach the info.xml again since adding the custom tune.. when I connected to ignite there were no updates..
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Bump..
mikel

Post by mikel »

your custom tune is an older rev than what the tool has for canned tunes. if the custom is loaded you wont get the canned.
delete the custom, get the tool to say vehicle needs update then click ok and post a new info file please
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

mikel wrote:your custom tune is an older rev than what the tool has for canned tunes. if the custom is loaded you wont get the canned.
delete the custom, get the tool to say vehicle needs update then click ok and post a new info file please
when i remove the custom tune it states that the vehicle is not supported.

I will remove the tune again and connect it again so we can get the info.xml again...
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

Okay, removed the custom tune from the tuner (not the truck) and plugged it back in. It is now back to saying that the truck is unsupported.

Attached the info.xml again.

Everything worked fine until I had installed updates and switched to the ignition updater. there were a bunch of updates required.. it updated every time I went into ignition at least 3 times.. then it went to the screen selling the licenses saying that there were no updates.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Nightshade wrote:Okay, removed the custom tune from the tuner (not the truck) and plugged it back in. It is now back to saying that the truck is unsupported.

Everything worked fine until I had installed updates and switched to the ignition updater. there were a bunch of updates required.. it updated every time I went into ignition at least 3 times.. then it went to the screen selling the licenses saying that there were no updates.
currently the device says it is married to the truck, is there a tune in the vehicle now? If so we need to reset the device, then do the update then you can reload the canned tunes.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

mikel wrote:
Nightshade wrote:Okay, removed the custom tune from the tuner (not the truck) and plugged it back in. It is now back to saying that the truck is unsupported.

currently the device says it is married to the truck, is there a tune in the vehicle now? If so we need to reset the device, then do the update then you can reload the canned tunes.
Yes, there is a tune on the truck.. Is there a way to reset the device and keep the 'stock' tune that was backed up when I put the tune on the vehicle?
mikel

Post by mikel »

we can get it back to stock after its reset. the tool will prompt you to check for an update when it sees the pcm is tuned after reset, and the update will download a stock file to load to the truck then you can retune it.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

mikel wrote:we can get it back to stock after its reset. the tool will prompt you to check for an update when it sees the pcm is tuned after reset, and the update will download a stock file to load to the truck then you can retune it.
How do I go about resetting the i2?

Settings
- Advanced Options
- - Tech Support Menu
- - - Advanced
- - - - ?

There is force calibration update, force restore, vehicle reset, clear updates, registry reset....
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

I decided to give them a call and see what can be done.

Very short hold time before speaking with a tech there and after checking a few things, was told to reset the device and then had to relay a long hex key to them in order to have them generate the reset password key.

I was then able to connect back to the truck, it installed a calibration update and I was then able to apply my tune as before and everything seems to be working fine now. The Calibration update took much longer than a normal tune programming cycle.. but after installing the cal update the truck still started.

loading the custom tune again and everything should be golden.

Thanks to the support team (person who answered was Mike.. but may not be the same mike that handles the support in the forums..)