Problem with custom tunes

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

1bad_300c

Problem with custom tunes

Post by 1bad_300c »

So i finally got my dcx license for my i2, did all the updates, hooked it up to the car, and everything is working great so far. But i have come across an issue. Upon hooking up to the car for the first time for some reason its wont allow me to modify the shift firmness, shift points, and and it wont allow me to choose either of the autostick atuo upshift modes either. So i decided to ignore that and continue to modify the 91 octane tune before loading it. When i was ready to load the tune up to my car it said it couldnt write the tune and to unplug the device or click continue to reboot. So i clicked continue and then it said tool was in recovery mode and to continue to write the back up to back to the car. Any ideas on what i should do or what needs to be done? Hooked i2 back up to the computer and no updates available. Im stumped. Thanks for the help. I have attached the most current info.xml file after all this happened.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1bad_300c
1bad_300c

Re: Problem with custom tunes

Post by 1bad_300c »

Help me out Mike! I see you helping everyone else out on here man! I need the fix!!
1bad_300c
mikel

Post by mikel »

load the tune with no changes then go back to quick adjust then try those changes.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
1bad_300c

Post by 1bad_300c »

I tired that and it didn't work. Just rewrites my stock tune and goes to recovery mode
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1bad_300c
1bad_300c

Post by 1bad_300c »

It's also still not letting me adjust shift points, shift firmness, nor select either of the autostick autoshift options. Just tells me it cannot be selected or adjusted or something like that
1bad_300c
mikel

Post by mikel »

if you are in quick adjust it cant go into recovery. Worst it can do is fail to apply the change. Dont adjust these items while writing a tune to avoid failures.

What vehicle is this?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
1bad_300c

Post by 1bad_300c »

I believe I was using the advance feature not the quick adjust. And it's a 2006 Chrysler 300c 5.7
1bad_300c
1bad_300c

Post by 1bad_300c »

So again I've tried to tune the car. I tried to use quick adjust, advance tune, and just about every tune available in the advance tune menu and it WILL NOT allow me to adjust any parameters related to the transmission. It won't allow me to adjust shift points, shift firmness, and I can't select any of the autostick auto upshift features. It just tells me failed to select option or something like that. And when I go to apply the tune it starts to apply it and gets to 80% or so and tells me it failednto write the tune. The pictures I have uploaded are in the following order of what happens AFTER it fails to write the tune, and the last picture is the codes that come up AFTER it's all said and done and the factory tune is written back to the pcm
1bad_300c
mikel

Post by mikel »

after you restore, please try loading the tune with no other changes, dont mess with any of the adjustments, just load the tune to see if it will go in correctly.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
1bad_300c

Post by 1bad_300c »

Will have to try during lunch or after work. Currently at work. I think I tried that and it didn't work, I don't remember. I know I tried the Diablo tune, the 91 tune, and some of the booster tunes and had no success
1bad_300c