8HP90 Issue

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

daperez19644

8HP90 Issue

Post by daperez19644 »

I contacted a CMR tuner and he gave me a pcm 93 tune and a tcm tune. After I loaded it to my hellcat I went wot on the streets trans stayed in third gear so i let off. I slowed down put in park and now i only have reverse and not drive does not work.
Any ideas what went wrong?
csambhudat

Re: 8HP90 Issue

Post by csambhudat »

Diablosport's TCM tuning is garbage. Should have never been released.

I tried TCM tuning with Johan but always ran into issues, such as yours. Would either get stuck in gear or refuse to shift.

Having issues now with even the canned TCM tune. The top of 4th/5th gear now skips/skids like the transmission is slipping when shifting from the previous gear. But holds fine when using just that gear, so the issue is with the shift. Was perfectly fine before all this. If my HP90 transmission is damaged I will hold Diablosport accountable.
mikel

Post by mikel »

csambhudat wrote:Diablosport's TCM tuning is garbage. Should have never been released.

I tried TCM tuning with Johan but always ran into issues, such as yours. Would either get stuck in gear or refuse to shift.

Having issues now with even the canned TCM tune. The top of 4th/5th gear now skips/skids like the transmission is slipping when shifting from the previous gear. But holds fine when using just that gear, so the issue is with the shift. Was perfectly fine before all this. If my HP90 transmission is damaged I will hold Diablosport accountable.
We developed these tunes on several hellcats. If you are having issues, we'd like to work with you to resolve them. Can you post a log of the 4-5 issue and the tunes from the device so we can check it out?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
csambhudat

Post by csambhudat »

Attached are all the TCM tunes I went through before me and Johan decided to stop any further tuning because of the issues I was having.

Attached are logs of the PCM tuning with the Diablosport canned TCM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jmgak47

Post by jmgak47 »

Common issues when the CMR tuner raises the Maximum Input TQ vs Gear < TQ Limitations < Tables

If it is to high it will cause the vehicle to stay in one gear or not want to shift.

May not be the case but if he has adjusted them ask for them to be set to stock to see.

Jay
csambhudat

Post by csambhudat »

Updates?
mikel

Post by mikel »

we helped HHP run 8.80 through a stock 8L90 yesterday with TopCat, there's definitely nothing wrong with the software ;)

Have you talked with Johan about the suggestions Jay Greene Provided here?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
daperez19644

Post by daperez19644 »

mikel wrote:we helped HHP run 8.80 through a stock 8L90 yesterday with TopCat, there's definitely nothing wrong with the software ;)

Help me figure out why my trans doesn't go into drive anymore and only has reverse after i installed a diablosport tcm tune.

If theres nothing wrong with the software then it should be an easy fix.
Mike Comp T/A #57

Post by Mike Comp T/A #57 »

My shift points are raised to 6400. No problems.
IMG_7639.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

daperez19644 wrote:
mikel wrote:we helped HHP run 8.80 through a stock 8L90 yesterday with TopCat, there's definitely nothing wrong with the software ;)

Help me figure out why my trans doesn't go into drive anymore and only has reverse after i installed a diablosport tcm tune.

If theres nothing wrong with the software then it should be an easy fix.
is this with the canned tune or a custom tune?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

csambhudat wrote:Updates?
How does the canned tune behave in the car?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
csambhudat

Post by csambhudat »

Why did you have to help HHP in the first place? Why couldn't they fix whatever issue they were having on their own? Are you going to offer the same level of support to everyone else here?

Johan did the suggestions Jay provided, even reached out to Diablosport (not sure who), looked at TCM file and couldn't figure out what was wrong. All I wanted was raised shift points, nothing more.

I also reached out to other tuners and so far none of the big ones are offering Diablosport TCM tuning to customers, including HHP. BTW TopCat has passed away for over a year now, you must be referring to his wife Linda in which HHP has a sponsorship with and doesn't count as a regular customer.
Mike Comp T/A #57

Post by Mike Comp T/A #57 »

csambhudat wrote:
I also reached out to other tuners and so far none of the big ones are offering Diablosport TCM tuning to customers, including HHP..
Did you not see my post above? I have raised shift points. No problems.
mikel

Post by mikel »

csambhudat wrote:

Why did you have to help HHP in the first place? Why couldn't they fix whatever issue they were having on their own? Are you going to offer the same level of support to everyone else here?

Johan did the suggestions Jay provided, even reached out to Diablosport (not sure who), looked at TCM file and couldn't figure out what was wrong. All I wanted was raised shift points, nothing more.

I also reached out to other tuners and so far none of the big ones are offering Diablosport TCM tuning to customers, including HHP. BTW TopCat has passed away for over a year now, you must be referring to his wife Linda in which HHP has a sponsorship with and doesn't count as a regular customer.
They weren't having problems. We simply work with them as we do all CMR tuners and offer assistance as needed. Our Chrysler calibrator spends his evening s on the phone with Josh while he is at the track or dyno whenever he needs assistance with something.

I dont know why HHP is not offering tcm tuning but thats up to him for sure. Obviously Jay Greene is and seems to be having positive results. So is Hemifever.

I am aware the owner of topcat passed away, but the way I understand it, the car itself is known as topcat, and Josh still takes it down the track and has been after the overall Hellcat record for a while now. Hes been making more power than anyone else for a while (based on trap speed) but was having problems getting all down the track. He got past that and went 8.8 over the weekend. Tuned with CMR.

I am trying to help but you are just going back and forth with me.
Can you tell me how the car behaves with the canned tune that is provided? It was developed on a 16 Hellcat we have here and it works great.

If the canned tune works, load it and then post the tcm backup and ltw files here and I'll get the shift points raised for you.

If the canned tune doesn't work for some reason, please post the files and describe what happens when its loaded and we will wort it out.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

Mike Comp T/A #57 wrote:My shift points are raised to 6400. No problems.
IMG_7639.jpg
did you happen to go down the track before and after raising the shift points?
any idea what kind of ETA you picked up from raising them? Stock pulleys?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com