2006 wrangler, failed to update tire, gear, t case change

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

DaveOLJ

2006 wrangler, failed to update tire, gear, t case change

Post by DaveOLJ »

I have a 2006 Jeep LJ that I just purchased an i2 for. I successfully installed an 87 tune.
When I go to change either-tire size, axle ratio or t case option, I get the failed to update tire size, axle, t case etc..

With some research I see that there's a software glitch goin on that says it failed when it didn't and all you have to do to verify is go back in to see where the selection is currently set to. Mine won't change. It truly is failing to update my selections. This was a major point on why I purchased this tuner, to correct my speedometer. I plugged it to my computer, and went through and got it updated. And then went to play with the options on the Jeep. Thanks
DaveOLJ

Re: 2006 wrangler, failed to update tire, gear, t case chang

Post by DaveOLJ »

I called Diablo sport today about my issue. He immediately told me that it wouldn't work. I can upload different octane tunes and that is absolutely it. Very disappointed in the false advertising that is displayed when looking up a tuner for a vehicle for only a simple 2 year option. I asked why there isn't a tad bit more specific information regarding what will and won't work on my vehicle. Simple answer was "return it".
mikel

Re: 2006 wrangler, failed to update tire, gear, t case chang

Post by mikel »

Unfortunately 05-06 TJ non rubicon do not use electric speedo, so there is no means of adjusting tire size/gear ratio through the programmer.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com