2013 Jeep Wrangler inTune3 - Tire Size issues

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

EchoBravo

2013 Jeep Wrangler inTune3 - Tire Size issues

Post by EchoBravo »

After updating the inTune3 via the Ignition application, I installed the 87 Octane tune and everything was working great. Then I installed my new tires and applied the new size information to the Tire Size option and submitted the change. The device stated that the change was applied and when I disconnect and reconnect the inTune3 the setting is confirmed. Once I started the Jeep, the Cruise Control and Traction Control are disabled. The disabled Traction Control light is illuminated, and nothing happens when I try to turn on the Cruise Control.

There are no error codes, and my car had all features operational before changing the tire size.

After reverting to the Backup tune, I still do not have either Cruise or Traction Control.

How can I fix this?
dhenderson

Re: 2013 Jeep Wrangler inTune3 - Tire Size issues

Post by dhenderson »

Same thing happened to me. Do a quick search on the forum and you'll find out its a fairly common problem. You will have to take it to the dealership and have the computer flashed. Costs roughly $100 and a couple hours sitting in the lobby at the dealership. Diablosport will refund the cost of the reflash (get confirmation first), so you'll just be out two hours of your day... oh, and ~$300-$400 for the tuner if you don't return it within 30 days of buying it, if that is something you would now like to do.
Lord Mortis

Post by Lord Mortis »

2012 Challenger SRT8 with exact same issue. previous poster is right except it cost me $300.
Following.
Lord Mortis

Challengers Unlimited
Mopar 360
Challenger Demons
RubiNoVa

Post by RubiNoVa »

dhenderson wrote:Same thing happened to me. Do a quick search on the forum and you'll find out its a fairly common problem. You will have to take it to the dealership and have the computer flashed. Costs roughly $100 and a couple hours sitting in the lobby at the dealership. Diablosport will refund the cost of the reflash (get confirmation first), so you'll just be out two hours of your day... oh, and ~$300-$400 for the tuner if you don't return it within 30 days of buying it, if that is something you would now like to do.
What did you end up doing?

I have a 2010 JKUR with a Ripp Supercharger. I just adjusted the tire size and removed the speed limiter. Next thing you know the speedometer isn't registering the proper speed. For example, when the speedometer reads 20 mph I'm going about 45 mph. It always seems like the actual speed is double of what the speedometer reads. Suggestions? Anyone?

Also, I can't return the Diablo I3 tuner as I need it for my supercharger. What to do?
mikel

Post by mikel »

RubiNoVa wrote:
dhenderson wrote:Same thing happened to me. Do a quick search on the forum and you'll find out its a fairly common problem. You will have to take it to the dealership and have the computer flashed. Costs roughly $100 and a couple hours sitting in the lobby at the dealership. Diablosport will refund the cost of the reflash (get confirmation first), so you'll just be out two hours of your day... oh, and ~$300-$400 for the tuner if you don't return it within 30 days of buying it, if that is something you would now like to do.
What did you end up doing?

I have a 2010 JKUR with a Ripp Supercharger. I just adjusted the tire size and removed the speed limiter. Next thing you know the speedometer isn't registering the proper speed. For example, when the speedometer reads 20 mph I'm going about 45 mph. It always seems like the actual speed is double of what the speedometer reads. Suggestions? Anyone?

Also, I can't return the Diablo I3 tuner as I need it for my supercharger. What to do?
what are you entering for tire size or height?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com