U140E Active Dtc + ESP/BAES lights after i2 Easy Tune

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

French Chris

U140E Active Dtc + ESP/BAES lights after i2 Easy Tune

Post by French Chris »

Hi,

I bought my Diablo i2 Box from Hotwireauto.com along with their 5.7 VVT Hemi Wire Harness and ECU.

I gave the Engine conversion to do to a Pro from over here as I live in England, UK.

I got my Jeep JK back last Saturday and all was well but the guy told me that he didn't touch the Diablo Box as he didn't think it was required.

So yesterday I carried out an online update of my i2 Box and today I tried to Load the Easy Tune. The only thing that I was asked was if I wanted to disable the speed limiter and I said yes.

I ended up with few Stored Faults that I managed to clear with my Autel Maxidas Scanner but there is one Active Fault on the ABS Module that I cannot clear. This is U140E: Implausible Vehicle Configuration Data Received.

This Fault has triggered the ESP/BAS lights in the Dash as well so I decided to restore the Stock Tune. I drove the Jeep for a little while to see if the dash lights would clear but they didn't so I carried out another scan with my Autel Maxidas and that U140E Fault is still Active with the ESP/BAES lights constantly on.

Could you help me please?

Many thanks,

Chris
mikel

Re: U140E Active Dtc + ESP/BAES lights after i2 Easy Tune

Post by mikel »

may need to make some changes in the tune to address this, please post the last tune written file from the tunes folder on the i2 drive.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
French Chris

Post by French Chris »

mikel wrote:may need to make some changes in the tune to address this, please post the last tune written file from the tunes folder on the i2 drive.

Thanks
I am sorry I never done this before, could you tell me how I get the last tune written file please?
French Chris

Post by French Chris »

Hi Mikel,

Sorry about my previous reply. I was a bit panicking yesterday.

Also

I emailed HotwireAuto.com and this is their reply:

"Attached are the custom flash files for your JK. You need to install one of
these in the ecu so that it will be compatible with your Jeep.

They may already be on the tool, you need to do advanced tuning and tune
select to find them."

They sent me a "stock.drg" file and also a "performance.drg" file.

Should I upload just one or both these files to the tunes folder of my i2 box and plug it in my Jeep?

If this is the case what option do I go for? " Easy Tune" or "Advanced Tune" ?

Many thanks,

Chris
French Chris

Post by French Chris »

Hi Mikel,

Sorry to be a pain but I would like to update you about my issue.

I found in the updater file that I could download "Ignition" so I did just that and I carried out one update which said it was downloading 3 Files to my i2 box.

Once the process was completed (unplugged the i2 box from Computer then replugged it as instructed) I checked in the D:/ Drive of the i2 and in the Tunes folder but still no Files.

So I closed "ignition" I unplugged the i2 box and then restarted the same process (see attached pictures). This time the software was telling me that it was installing only 1 File.

The all process seemed to work fine but as you can see on my last Picture the software says that it attempted to read 2 Files but they were not found.

I must admit I am lost here.

Chris
Last edited by French Chris on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
French Chris

Post by French Chris »

Hi Mikel,

I spoke to Chris S from HotWireAuto.com yesterday and his files were still in the i2 box despite that I could not see them on my PC. So I carried out a new Tune with his Performance file and now all seems to be good. The Lights in the Dash have cleared and I drove the Jeep for a short distance and it seems to be working well. Too early to tell if there is really a gain in power as it was not a proper Test.

I will carry out a new scan with my own Scanner today to find out if the ABS fault has completely cleared or if it's stored.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Glad to hear it.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com