Can no longer tune my truck

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Mrdazana

Can no longer tune my truck

Post by Mrdazana »

Hi mike,

I took my truck to the dealer today for warranty work. Swapped out PCM as usual. They replaced a wheel bearing and also did a update to recall U61 on the PCM. When I got my truck back I put the Diablo PCM back into the truck. I plugged my I2 into my computer and there was a calibration update for my truck so i installed it in the i2.

When i plug it into my truck, i get a msg saying that some ECU can't be programed. Click continue and all i get is perf trans tune, modify stock tune skip control unit.

I restored to original stock tune of my truck with no issues but i still don't see diablos modified tunes.I get the same results

Any thoughts ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mrdazana

Re: Can no longer tune my truck

Post by Mrdazana »

All right...so i got her reprogrammed not sure why it happened, maybe you can shed some light on it. I did the following:

Cleared updates on the I2...no luck
Put back the stock PCM and tried to read that...no luck and expected
Put back the Diablo PCM and this time it told me that it needed a calibration update
said yes....it failed and asked to restart....at this point the truck does not want to start
once i2 rebooted, it went into recovery mode. it restored from a backup ...took awhile about 5 mins

once i2 rebooted i was able to select a tune...selected diablo tune and perf trans tune, MDS off, set tire size, applied tune successfully and did a test drive...top shape
went back into tune and modified some idle adjustments and set throttle to 10%...applied tune and it worked without a hiccup

I'm golden... RRAAWWRR
mikel

Post by mikel »

hmm, sounds like there is some sort of connectivity issue somewhere.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Mrdazana

Post by Mrdazana »

I agree.
i can't see what the dealer could have done. could it be my i2 going on the fritz ? Do you have an application available that i can read the logs from the i2 ?
bloodygod

Post by bloodygod »

I've got the same problem, i've go to the dealer and after that i have no more option to modify anything except perf tune, i can't even change tire size, do you have a fix for this, i don't have my original pcm cause we swaped, so i can't do as Mrdazana

thank you
mikel

Post by mikel »

Can either of you see if the device will communicate with another vehicle to get the vehicle info?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
noe gonzalez

Post by noe gonzalez »

same happen to my charger went I got back from the dealer I try to up load my tune and all I have was the trasm. perm. tune it turns out all I needed was a update on my i2 and all its back to normal I have mi HF tune on it and no more problems. :normal: