Bricked PCM after Recall

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

D3-Blk-Hemi

Bricked PCM after Recall

Post by D3-Blk-Hemi »

I just received a recall update to my 2017 Durango 5.7L for Cruise Control U65 & AutoPark U05.
I removed all the tunes before taking my DD in for service. Once I got her back I was trying to reinstall the tunes. The I3 asked to recalibrate the TCM and PCM which seemed to complete and before the last OFF / ON cycle I got a failed update. The Diablo PCM is now bricked and the I3 unit is in recovery mode. I have pulled the PCM and replaced it with the stock unit until I can get a response from Tech Support (sent on 9/18) or a response on this forum.

I've attached the info.xml file from the I3 tuner to review.
Last edited by D3-Blk-Hemi on Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
'22 Durango Blackout R/T+
mikel

Re: Bricked PCM after Recall

Post by mikel »

Not sure what happened here.
Can you give us a call with the mod pcm installed so we can try resetting the device and forcing it to load an update?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Clover05

Post by Clover05 »

Not sure if this is somewhere in the forums, but if I want to get my car checked for that recall they have been bugging me about, how do I get that checked? I have the I3 which I can just go back to stock, BUT I also had my PCM unlocked, will they cover, is it Okay not to have it checked, will there be another charge if they lock it again, etc...?
mikel

Post by mikel »

they dont lock it again, just be sure to return to stock and let them do their thing, but the device will put you back on the current cal if you want to tune it again after, so...its up to you.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com