Unmarried?

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Fausty305

Unmarried?

Post by Fausty305 »

Hello. I have a simple question. I am buying a used i3 from a friend and wanted to know a few things prior to the purchase. I have already confirmed its compatible with my vehicle but I want to be 100 percent sure it'd unmarried or that it has no current vehicle attached. When I meet him up is there a way to confirm this straight from the handheld? He says he put his stock tune back in prior to turning in the car. But if I connect to the obd2 will I immediately know once the device turns on if it's free and clear? Never used a tuner before. Will the device do one of those long updates before I can check to see if it's unlocked? Any insight would be great!
Fausty305

Re: Unmarried?

Post by Fausty305 »

Lastly will I have to pay Diablo anything since it's a new owner? Assuming it's unlocked/unmarried? I plan on getting a hemifever tune for it so I'm not concerned about the canned tunes. Thanks a bunch!
mikel

Re: Unmarried?

Post by mikel »

Best option is to plug it in and see if it lets you tune or if it says not licensed for use in this vehicle.

If its unlocked you are good to go ideally.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com