i2 for V6 3.5L Dodge Charger

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

Finch91

i2 for V6 3.5L Dodge Charger

Post by Finch91 »

I bought a used i2 for a great price so I could use it on my 2007 V6 dodge charger (police package), I knew when I bought it that it was already married. I haven't spent the $159 to Diablo to restore it yet. I wanted to make sure it would work on my V6 before I spend the money.

So I plug in the i2 and go to "tune vehicle" and it tells me my car is not supported and may need an update (I connected to my computer and did all required updates). Does it say that because its married still? or because it does not work with my model?
mikel

Re: i2 for V6 3.5L Dodge Charger

Post by mikel »

it will work if it is a dodge model, and it is asking to update the calibration in the pcm which it will be able to do once it is unlocked.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Finch91

Post by Finch91 »

I spoke with a Diablo tech support on the phone early this morning and was told that I needed to buy an i3 because the i2 only worked if you had a stock supercharger or something. I thought that was odd so I'm glad I posted here too.

So what your saying is: It will definitely calibrate correctly after its unlocked (given my make and model).
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yes it will.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Finch91

Post by Finch91 »

Okay. I just got off the phone with you guys and paid someone to reset my i2. I then connected to wi-fi and did a small update. After that I plugged the i2 into my charger it then tells me (when I go to "tune vehicle") that it still does not support my model, and that I might need to update. I re-connected to Wi-fi and verified that my software was up to date.

I called the tech support number and spoke with Rick who was able to convert the i2 from RIPP to the correct setting. Rick is the man and I can now happily tune my charger! Thanks to for your help too Mikel.