P0601 code after new calibration update

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

lkoroush

P0601 code after new calibration update

Post by lkoroush »

A week and half ago did an update on my i3 platinum which has work with out a problem till now i have a 2017 ram 1500 with an unlocked pcm, the problem was after the i3 updated it said some ecu not supported and would on read the TCM, today finally got technical support on the phone they send a new calibration update which when I went tonthe truck it updated and finally would read and tune both PCM and TCM but now im getting P0601 code and even restored back to stock and still popping up with the P0601 code, anyone have any experience like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wickedrt

Re: P0601 code after new calibration update

Post by wickedrt »

I had the same thing happen on my 2016 RAM. I had to call support and they asked for a few files and sent me a custom tune to get me by without the CEL being on. I was told there would be an update soon to correct the issue but nothing has worked for me except that custom tune. Hopefully they can get this corrected soon.
mikel

Post by mikel »

please post the file called last tune written from the tunes folder on the i3 drive.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
lkoroush

Post by lkoroush »

mikel wrote:please post the file called last tune written from the tunes folder on the i3 drive.
okay i uploaded each of the last tune written files
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

copy this to the root of the drive and let the device import it then you can load the custom pcm tune and it should be fine.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
lkoroush

Post by lkoroush »

mikel wrote:copy this to the root of the drive and let the device import it then you can load the custom pcm tune and it should be fine.
It got rid of the CEL but this seems like just a bandaid fix and not a permanent fix, like now when i change tune it going to still pop up with the P0601 code
mikel

Post by mikel »

I can fix the other tunes if you need to run them, a fix is in the works.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
doz

Post by doz »

Is there going to be a fix anytime soon?

I just got my unlocked PCM today, installed a canned Diablo91 tune, and get the same code. Have emissions coming up so I cannot have a CEL light. Also planned on a custom tune here soon but it takes time to load these things and troubleshoot...
lkoroush

Post by lkoroush »

mikel wrote:copy this to the root of the drive and let the device import it then you can load the custom pcm tune and it should be fine.
even after the updates and till throw P0601 when i change tunes other then that custom one u made to turn off that code, something is wrong with the pcm that diablosport sent me when i got the PCM and i3 platinum.
mikel

Post by mikel »

we'll have an update soon that will load to the pcm and resolve this issue.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
astcyr

Post by astcyr »

So it was said back in May there would be a fix for this issue soon. It's now August and I just updated my i2 yesterday and tried installing a tune and the same code is coming back up so I had to go back to installing the bandaid custom tune that disables this code. When can we expect this issue to be resolved so we can get back to using this product the way it was intended?
mikel

Post by mikel »

astcyr wrote:So it was said back in May there would be a fix for this issue soon. It's now August and I just updated my i2 yesterday and tried installing a tune and the same code is coming back up so I had to go back to installing the bandaid custom tune that disables this code. When can we expect this issue to be resolved so we can get back to using this product the way it was intended?
I have fixes for some of the affected cals, can you post your info file or tune file so I can verify the calibration?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
lkoroush

Post by lkoroush »

mikel wrote:
astcyr wrote:So it was said back in May there would be a fix for this issue soon. It's now August and I just updated my i2 yesterday and tried installing a tune and the same code is coming back up so I had to go back to installing the bandaid custom tune that disables this code. When can we expect this issue to be resolved so we can get back to using this product the way it was intended?
I have fixes for some of the affected cals, can you post your info file or tune file so I can verify the calibration?
mikel

Post by mikel »

OK, this one is fixed.
I should be able to do this all automatically.

1. return vehicle to stock/original backup
2. Update device, it should force it to do a calibration update
3. Go to vehicle and click tune menu and it should prompt to go back and check for an update.
4. Update again to download the new updated stock file
5. Load it to the vehicle through the tune menu, no more code.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
lkoroush

Post by lkoroush »

mikel wrote:OK, this one is fixed.
I should be able to do this all automatically.

1. return vehicle to stock/original backup
2. Update device, it should force it to do a calibration update
3. Go to vehicle and click tune menu and it should prompt to go back and check for an update.
4. Update again to download the new updated stock file
5. Load it to the vehicle through the tune menu, no more code.

i returned to stock tune then plugged in to computer did an update then went back to truck clicked tune and no prompts came up and it continued to do the 87 tune and will see if code sill pops up, if it does what will be next step ive been fighting this for almost 10 months