New i3 Issues

Post here with any questions specific to the use of the i2 on Chrysler vehicles.

Moderator: sohfast94

InLegionnaire

New i3 Issues

Post by InLegionnaire »

Hey everybody, just joining these forums as I discovered them after posting this same topic on the Challenger forums. May help better:

Just hooked up my new pcm & used my Diablosport i3 today for my Scat Pack A8 Shaker. Wonderful to finally skip over my old issues with MDS by turning that sucker off instead of having to leave my Tazer in all the time. Loaded the 91 octane tune. However I've had some issues:

1.) One of the features I readily wanted to modify, the rev-limiter for neutral, is missing. The parameter is just not there, only for drive. Am I doing something to not have this appear? I planned to raise it to 5 - 5.5k.

2.) The preset rev-limit for drive with the tune is 6800 rpm; yet driving WOT the car still upshifted itself a little after 6000 anyways in manual mode. I'd personally not want to run up to 6800 rpm without a cam, but I would like to raise up to say 6500.

3.) Peak power using the performance pages. When I've gone on my couple of WOT test blasts in Mexico, the highest peak HP I got to without a tune was 502 HP (Just hellcat tube & muffler delete). Post tune the highest I've now seen was 479 HP (still hellcat tube + dynomax bullets, which I may go back to just delete) -- I was not expecting to be losing power with a tune. Has anyone seen this happen? I will soon visit a actual dyno for some before/after runs.

Any advice would be helpful. I'd like to get learning the tuner & canned tunes before jumping to paying for custom tunes.
mikel

Re: New i3 Issues

Post by mikel »

1. Thats really odd. Please post the info file from the device so i can look into this.
FWIW, we only let you raise that by 60-0 rpm as its really there for a reason....

2. Rev limit is not shift point, and vice versa. If you want it to shift at 6800 on its own (way too high for a stock 6.4), you'll need a custom TCM tune with the shift points changed.

3. I would not put too much stock in that reading...
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
InLegionnaire

Re: New i3 Issues

Post by InLegionnaire »

mikel wrote:1. Thats really odd. Please post the info file from the device so i can look into this.
FWIW, we only let you raise that by 60-0 rpm as its really there for a reason....

2. Rev limit is not shift point, and vice versa. If you want it to shift at 6800 on its own (way too high for a stock 6.4), you'll need a custom TCM tune with the shift points changed.

3. I would not put too much stock in that reading...
Sure, attached.

I did not want to have the shift rpm at 6800 rpm, I just meant to note the limit was automatically set to that without me editing when I first uploaded the 91 octane tune. And then when I went on a drive and in manual mode, it still upshifted itself at the stock point. I have retuned & set the limit rpm at 6600 rpm, and it worked this time and I shifted myself at 6400 rpm. I'll likely tune again down to 6500 rpm.

I'll disregard the uconnect then - when this virus stuff blows over and shops reopen, I'll get a real dyno reading. :D

But still, the rev limit option for neutral/park is not present. I didn't intend to set it to redline, just up a little more.

Thank you for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.