Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for Ford vehicles Truck backfiring!

Truck backfiring!

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:49 pm

Posts: 744
zombieking wrote:
When I get home Ill return the truck back to stock and drive it abit, disconnect the battery and reset. Then Ill re-install the 93 tune again and not touch a thing. 100% default settings again. I wont even touch the neutral idle like I did in the 2 tune I posted. then ill post it for a third tune for you to look at.



please do this... i need to see what the tool is writing vs what it thinks its writing.

Post Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Posts: 24
DiabloMatt wrote:
zombieking wrote:
When I get home Ill return the truck back to stock and drive it abit, disconnect the battery and reset. Then Ill re-install the 93 tune again and not touch a thing. 100% default settings again. I wont even touch the neutral idle like I did in the 2 tune I posted. then ill post it for a third tune for you to look at.



please do this... i need to see what the tool is writing vs what it thinks its writing.


Heres the third last tune written I did after work. I did all of the above and never adjusted a thing, its just the base 93 octane tune. Hope this helps with the issues your having!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Posts: 24
Sooooo what have you come up with? I've done my part!

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Posts: 744
zombieking wrote:
Sooooo what have you come up with? I've done my part!



damn i didnt see you replied. ok let me look this over in a little bit

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:21 am

Posts: 744
ok.... found some glitches i will fix on our end. in the mean time. try this custom tune out and see how you like it. the trans settings are back to stock. try those and make sure the the clunk goes away. i can firm up the shifts later if you want.

i also raised your idle for you like you wanted.

lowered the cooling fan

and lowered the wot shift points some.

also modded a few things for power. get me another datalog of wot if you can :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Posts: 24
DiabloMatt wrote:
ok.... found some glitches i will fix on our end. in the mean time. try this custom tune out and see how you like it. the trans settings are back to stock. try those and make sure the the clunk goes away. i can firm up the shifts later if you want.

i also raised your idle for you like you wanted.

lowered the cooling fan

and lowered the wot shift points some.

also modded a few things for power. get me another datalog of wot if you can :mrgreen:


Awesome thanx so much! Ill get this tune loaded up and let you know how it runs. :D

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Posts: 24
Sorry do I just download this tune to my tunes folder on the I2020? I didn't see a custom tune folder!

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Posts: 744
zombieking wrote:
Sorry do I just download this tune to my tunes folder on the I2020? I didn't see a custom tune folder!



yes just drop it on the root i2 folder..NOT in any of the sub folders. when the screen pops on on the tool saying it loaded, click the continue botton on the tool and you are all done :mrgreen:

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Posts: 24
DiabloMatt wrote:
zombieking wrote:
Sorry do I just download this tune to my tunes folder on the I2020? I didn't see a custom tune folder!



yes just drop it on the root i2 folder..NOT in any of the sub folders. when the screen pops on on the tool saying it loaded, click the continue botton on the tool and you are all done :mrgreen:


Thanx

Previous

Return to i2/i3 for Ford vehicles