Truck backfiring!

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

DiabloMatt

Re: Truck backfiring!

Post by DiabloMatt »

zombieking wrote:When I get home Ill return the truck back to stock and drive it abit, disconnect the battery and reset. Then Ill re-install the 93 tune again and not touch a thing. 100% default settings again. I wont even touch the neutral idle like I did in the 2 tune I posted. then ill post it for a third tune for you to look at.

please do this... i need to see what the tool is writing vs what it thinks its writing.
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

DiabloMatt wrote:
zombieking wrote:When I get home Ill return the truck back to stock and drive it abit, disconnect the battery and reset. Then Ill re-install the 93 tune again and not touch a thing. 100% default settings again. I wont even touch the neutral idle like I did in the 2 tune I posted. then ill post it for a third tune for you to look at.

please do this... i need to see what the tool is writing vs what it thinks its writing.
Heres the third last tune written I did after work. I did all of the above and never adjusted a thing, its just the base 93 octane tune. Hope this helps with the issues your having!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

Sooooo what have you come up with? I've done my part!
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

zombieking wrote:Sooooo what have you come up with? I've done my part!

damn i didnt see you replied. ok let me look this over in a little bit
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

ok.... found some glitches i will fix on our end. in the mean time. try this custom tune out and see how you like it. the trans settings are back to stock. try those and make sure the the clunk goes away. i can firm up the shifts later if you want.

i also raised your idle for you like you wanted.

lowered the cooling fan

and lowered the wot shift points some.

also modded a few things for power. get me another datalog of wot if you can :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

DiabloMatt wrote:ok.... found some glitches i will fix on our end. in the mean time. try this custom tune out and see how you like it. the trans settings are back to stock. try those and make sure the the clunk goes away. i can firm up the shifts later if you want.

i also raised your idle for you like you wanted.

lowered the cooling fan

and lowered the wot shift points some.

also modded a few things for power. get me another datalog of wot if you can :mrgreen:
Awesome thanx so much! Ill get this tune loaded up and let you know how it runs. :D
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

Sorry do I just download this tune to my tunes folder on the I2020? I didn't see a custom tune folder!
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

zombieking wrote:Sorry do I just download this tune to my tunes folder on the I2020? I didn't see a custom tune folder!

yes just drop it on the root i2 folder..NOT in any of the sub folders. when the screen pops on on the tool saying it loaded, click the continue botton on the tool and you are all done :mrgreen:
zombieking

Post by zombieking »

DiabloMatt wrote:
zombieking wrote:Sorry do I just download this tune to my tunes folder on the I2020? I didn't see a custom tune folder!

yes just drop it on the root i2 folder..NOT in any of the sub folders. when the screen pops on on the tool saying it loaded, click the continue botton on the tool and you are all done :mrgreen:
Thanx