Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for Ford vehicles Basic Training Needed - Scan tool

Basic Training Needed - Scan tool

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:41 pm

I need some assistance or links to good technical documents about how to setup and read i2 scans. For example, default vehicle speed is set to KmH and I need to change it to MPH. I also ran about a 15 min scan on my drive home from work but it seems to stop before I got home. Plus it didn't look like the scan captured the data I was expecting (i.e. intervals for RPMs & vehicle speed based on my known stops/starts and stats for distances in between). I just need some basic training on setting up scan parameters and overviews of what the results mean. Any suggestions?
"Nothing exceeds like excess..." Scarface (1983)

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:21 am

the tool is simply recording raw data as the pcm spits it out, if you save the log and open it in our free dataviewer software you can see time stamps as well as each plot in the data point.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Thx for responding Mikel. I did save & open in DataViewer. Would it be possible to send you the file so we can go over it?
"Nothing exceeds like excess..." Scarface (1983)

Return to i2/i3 for Ford vehicles