Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for Ford vehicles Aftermarker Exhaust CEL won't go away!

Aftermarker Exhaust CEL won't go away!

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Hey all, I got the I2 for my 2013 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, we got a little crazy, and cut the exhaust off , including the cats, we did a 3" down pipe and 4" all the way to the back, its super loud and obnoxious just like I wanted, however of course my CEL is on since I guess the 02 sensors are going nuts, I clear the light it just comes back on after a few days, anyone know of any tips to help solve it permanently? I've read about getting longer senors that are bent a bit to "see" only clear air. Other than that I didn't think the I2 could remove a light permanently. Truck still runs great also

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:34 pm

sonic143196 wrote:
Hey all, I got the I2 for my 2013 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, we got a little crazy, and cut the exhaust off , including the cats, we did a 3" down pipe and 4" all the way to the back, its super loud and obnoxious just like I wanted, however of course my CEL is on since I guess the 02 sensors are going nuts, I clear the light it just comes back on after a few days, anyone know of any tips to help solve it permanently? I've read about getting longer senors that are bent a bit to "see" only clear air. Other than that I didn't think the I2 could remove a light permanently. Truck still runs great also

you need a custom tune to disable the catalyst models and rear o2 sensors.

any of our dealers can take take car of this. :mrgreen:

Oh okay, how do I get that done? Still new to this

Return to i2/i3 for Ford vehicles