Aftermarker Exhaust CEL won't go away!

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

sonic143196

Aftermarker Exhaust CEL won't go away!

Post by sonic143196 »

Hey all, I got the I2 for my 2013 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, we got a little crazy, and cut the exhaust off , including the cats, we did a 3" down pipe and 4" all the way to the back, its super loud and obnoxious just like I wanted, however of course my CEL is on since I guess the 02 sensors are going nuts, I clear the light it just comes back on after a few days, anyone know of any tips to help solve it permanently? I've read about getting longer senors that are bent a bit to "see" only clear air. Other than that I didn't think the I2 could remove a light permanently. Truck still runs great also
DiabloMatt

Re: Aftermarker Exhaust CEL won't go away!

Post by DiabloMatt »

sonic143196 wrote:Hey all, I got the I2 for my 2013 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, we got a little crazy, and cut the exhaust off , including the cats, we did a 3" down pipe and 4" all the way to the back, its super loud and obnoxious just like I wanted, however of course my CEL is on since I guess the 02 sensors are going nuts, I clear the light it just comes back on after a few days, anyone know of any tips to help solve it permanently? I've read about getting longer senors that are bent a bit to "see" only clear air. Other than that I didn't think the I2 could remove a light permanently. Truck still runs great also

you need a custom tune to disable the catalyst models and rear o2 sensors.

any of our dealers can take take car of this. :mrgreen:
sonic143196

Re: Aftermarker Exhaust CEL won't go away!

Post by sonic143196 »

Oh okay, how do I get that done? Still new to this