Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for Ford vehicles 93 octane CAI tune vs. CAI tune?

93 octane CAI tune vs. CAI tune?

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:31 pm

I just recently purchased i2020 for my 15 mustang GT and wanted to know what the difference between 93 octane CAI tune and just the CAI tune is? I always have ran 93 in it as well as I have a steeda CAI installed. I tried using the easy tune selection with 93 octane CAI tune and the rpms continued to climb just while idling so I retuned under advanced tune option with the same setup and rpm issue was resolved. Idle now sits at around 600-700rpm. Please any positive feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:53 am

Mandersonn412 wrote:
I just recently purchased i2020 for my 15 mustang GT and wanted to know what the difference between 93 octane CAI tune and just the CAI tune is? I always have ran 93 in it as well as I have a steeda CAI installed. I tried using the easy tune selection with 93 octane CAI tune and the rpms continued to climb just while idling so I retuned under advanced tune option with the same setup and rpm issue was resolved. Idle now sits at around 600-700rpm. Please any positive feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

if you are on 93. i would go through the advance tune. if your tool it all updated there should be a 93 octane steeda spacific tune.

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:31 am

Thanks for the input I retuned late last night to that 93 octane steeda CAI tune through the advance tune option and seems to run pretty damn well now. Does anyone know the process to get a custom tune? I also have a cat-back s-type borla exhaust installed and I'm not sure what all should be modified to my tune or will the 93 octane steeda tune work just as well as a custom? Thanks diablomatt

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Mandersonn412 wrote:
Thanks for the input I retuned late last night to that 93 octane steeda CAI tune through the advance tune option and seems to run pretty damn well now. Does anyone know the process to get a custom tune? I also have a cat-back s-type borla exhaust installed and I'm not sure what all should be modified to my tune or will the 93 octane steeda tune work just as well as a custom? Thanks diablomatt

a catback should not effect the tune enough to justify a custom tune. i did that steeda tune myself so it should be pretty solid.

if you add any other parts then let me know. i can point you in the right direction.

Return to i2/i3 for Ford vehicles