Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for Ford vehicles 2015 F150 2.7L EcoBoost Can't save Tire Size or Axle Ratio

2015 F150 2.7L EcoBoost Can't save Tire Size or Axle Ratio

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

I'm new to this forum so excuse me if this has been discussed before.
So before I did anything I connected the i2 to my computer and updated it with the latest download. Everything seemed to go smoothly. Then I hooked it up to my truck and selected the 87 Octane option under Easy Tune. I also selected change Tire Size to account for my 32.8" tires. Everything seem to go as described; lights flashing, dampers flopping, I turned the key off and on a couple of times. Then I drove the truck around town for a few days before I took it out on an open road to check the speedo. It clearly had not taken the Tire Size input; the speedo was still about 8% off. I then hooked it back up to the truck to check the Axle Ratio. Again going through the Easy Tune menu, I selected change Axle Ratio. The display showed 55050_ and wouldn't allow me to input any numbers. There were up/down arrows, but they only allowed whole number changes only after many presses. So, I aborted that install. While I appreciate the potential increased HP and fuel economy, correcting the speedo was also an important reason for purchasing the i2. Please advise!

PS, a detailed users manual would make your product significantly more useful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

this is something we are investigating, thus far the 15 F150s do not allow for any tire size changes it seems.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

What about the axle ratio change? When do you expect a software fix!

thanks

Any progress on a solution to this? I need to know so I can return this and get something that works.

Please respond!

Unfortunately it is still being looked into.
The problem is the axle ratio setting is not in the PCM, and from what I have seen, nobody else is able to adjust it currently either, as nobody talks to the ABS modules currently.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

Is the tire size also not in the PCM?

correct, speedo cal is not there at all it seems.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

As I mentioned in my original post, correcting the speedo was an important reason for purchasing the i2, without it I can't justify the cost. How do I return it for a refund?

contact the retailer you purchased it from please.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040x4

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm not looking to return my tuner I'm just eager for an update.

Return to i2/i3 for Ford vehicles