Question about custom tunes and canned tunes...

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Mayhem

Question about custom tunes and canned tunes...

Post by Mayhem »

Hey guys. I have a question. I have a 15 GT. I am looking to purchase a used I2 tuner. The tuner is unmarried from the vehicle. The guy had the canned tunes (Diablo tunes) on the tuner but has since then uploaded custom tunes onto it. He is unsure if the canned tunes remain on the tuner once custom tunes are loaded onto it. Can someone please answer this for me and let me know? So again, the question is...if custom tunes are loaded onto the I2, will the canned Diablo tunes remain on it for use? Thanks a bunch guys!!
DiabloMatt

Re: Question about custom tunes and canned tunes...

Post by DiabloMatt »

Mayhem wrote:Hey guys. I have a question. I have a 15 GT. I am looking to purchase a used I2 tuner. The tuner is unmarried from the vehicle. The guy had the canned tunes (Diablo tunes) on the tuner but has since then uploaded custom tunes onto it. He is unsure if the canned tunes remain on the tuner once custom tunes are loaded onto it. Can someone please answer this for me and let me know? So again, the question is...if custom tunes are loaded onto the I2, will the canned Diablo tunes remain on it for use? Thanks a bunch guys!!
the custom tunes will still be in the tool but will not show up as they are spacific to the vin number of the car. but the tool will still work on yours non the less
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. As long as the canned tunes are there then I'm fine. One other question. Does Diablosport use a locking system like the other brand does? I'm sure it doesn't but just wanna be 100% sure.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

tunes are not locked..

but the tool becomes locked to your vehicle once you install a tune to it, so it can not be used on any other vehicle until you restore original backup stock tune to the car in order to unlock/reset the tool.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

06MonteSS wrote:tunes are not locked..

but the tool becomes locked to your vehicle once you install a tune to it, so it can not be used on any other vehicle until you restore original backup stock tune to the car in order to unlock/reset the tool.
Thanks Lew. You might actually remember me...you tuned my 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS. I talked to you thru email recently about turning the evap CEL off. Remember? I still have the SS BTW, lol!! Do you custom tune Mustangs now?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

nope.. I don't touch Fords.. lol.. GM only...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

DiabloMatt wrote:
Mayhem wrote:Hey guys. I have a question. I have a 15 GT. I am looking to purchase a used I2 tuner. The tuner is unmarried from the vehicle. The guy had the canned tunes (Diablo tunes) on the tuner but has since then uploaded custom tunes onto it. He is unsure if the canned tunes remain on the tuner once custom tunes are loaded onto it. Can someone please answer this for me and let me know? So again, the question is...if custom tunes are loaded onto the I2, will the canned Diablo tunes remain on it for use? Thanks a bunch guys!!
the custom tunes will still be in the tool but will not show up as they are spacific to the vin number of the car. but the tool will still work on yours non the less

If you or any other guys offer custom tunes then feel free to message me with pricing and details. Thanks.

06MonteSS wrote:nope.. I don't touch Fords.. lol.. GM only...
LOL, yea you told me that once. Ok thanks for the info. I was worried about it because with the other brand, if you get it thru Bama or Lund, it is blank and has no canned tune files in it and can only be used for custom tunes. As of right now I just want custom tunes. So I was a bit worried that this one would be blank or would not have the canned tune files in them. So as long as DS doesn't do that nonsense that the other brand does then I'm good. I don't even know why people use the other brand. They're such BS. Anyway, can you recommend some custom tuners that work with DS for me?
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

Contact my buddy Matt at tuning@kesatiemotorsports.com - he's the Ford tuning guru and can definitely get you hooked up with a tune for your Ford.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
dbab66

Post by dbab66 »

Am new to this forum and i am wondering.. i changed muffler to a flowmaster and added a k and n cai on my 2016 f150 3.5 ecoboost. Will the diablo tow tune work well in my truck with these mods or do i need a custom tune? very new to all this so any advice would be appreciated.
DiabloMatt

Post by DiabloMatt »

dbab66 wrote:Am new to this forum and i am wondering.. i changed muffler to a flowmaster and added a k and n cai on my 2016 f150 3.5 ecoboost. Will the diablo tow tune work well in my truck with these mods or do i need a custom tune? very new to all this so any advice would be appreciated.

that tune you have should work ok... :)
dbab66

Post by dbab66 »

Thanks Matt.