2005 F250 Powerstroke deadish after returning to stock tune.

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

gta3uzi

2005 F250 Powerstroke deadish after returning to stock tune.

Post by gta3uzi »

Good afternoon,

My truck had a programmer on it that didn't work very well. I bought a Diablosport to replace it. I hooked the tuner up and selected "Restore stock tune", it appeared to work, and now the truck won't start and simply says "check gauges." On top of that the tuner now says it doesn't recognize the vehicle.

Is it possible when I selected "stock tune" it thought the bullydog tune was the stock one and tried to re-write it somehow? Would it be possible to force the DT to put its own tune on and then I won't have to worry about having the thing hauled to the dealership for a $130 factory tune? :)

Thanks,

Lee
mikel

Re: 2005 F250 Powerstroke deadish after returning to stock t

Post by mikel »

what tuner if ours did you buy?
Was it used?

our tools cant restore a stock tune without reading out the stock tune first, sounds to me like you got a used tool to restore someone elses stock tune to your truck maybe?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
gta3uzi

Post by gta3uzi »

Brand new i2020 out of the box. Only worked the first time I plugged it in and did the stock option, it had me turn the key on and off a few times, told me it was rebooting, now the truck only says check gauges and the i2020 only says it doesn't support the vehicle.

Edit: If there is a way to force the diablotuner to overwrite whatever garbage is in there with a regular diablotune file I think we can fix this. Otherwise I will have the dealership do their thing and reflash it to factory for me tomorrow if I have to tow it in for scheduled service. Then we will have a clean slate to work with.

Edit2: The tuner works A-OKAY other than saying it suddenly doesn't support my truck after the first flash it did. I can hook it up via USB to my computer and see the files and everything, and the touch screen and menus work on the device.

Edit3: When I hit the ? in the upper right hand corner and press "Vehicle Info" it can't find the VIN or any details on the truck. Also, when I look at the tune info and tuned vehicle info it shows the correct VIN so it was able to read it the first time. Also-also, there are no other vehicles listed in the device, if that helps any.

As an additional concern, is there any way to reset the tuner so it's "fresh" when I try and hook it up after the dealership does their tow-plus-retune to get me running tomorrow?
mikel

Post by mikel »

please post a copy of the info.xml file from the i2 drive so we can check it out.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
gta3uzi

Post by gta3uzi »

Here you go. Looking through another copy I made, it looks like it saw the correct VIN and things as they are present in the file.

(My truck's poor scrambled brains.)

The Ford dealership is going to try and flash it / Ford Update it tomorrow I think and put the tuner back on it to see what happens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

the tool says it is still married to your truck and is holding a backup file, give us a call and we can try forcing it to write it to the PCM.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com