07 mustang GT, locked pcm, "vehicle not supported"

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Westex71

07 mustang GT, locked pcm, "vehicle not supported"

Post by Westex71 »

Went to start my mustang the other morning and it would not turn over. Battery is new, checked all fuses and starter which are good. Plugged my I2 in and it took a very long time to sync up. Scan tool or tune vehicle does not work, only the message "vehicle not supported" comes up. I have all of the latest updates installed. It looks like the I2 has locked the pcm. I'm thinking it needs to be re-flashed by the dealer which is allot of $$$. Any help this weekend would be nice or do I have to wait until monday?
mikel

Re: 07 mustang GT, locked pcm, "vehicle not supported"

Post by mikel »

If the car just wouldnt start and you hadnt flashed it right before that happened, the tuner had nothing to do with the situation...best to check the vehicle and pcm, connections, etc.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Westex71

Post by Westex71 »

Took the car to the dealer and they confirmed that the pcm is indeed at fault. However, they can't (won't) reflash the pcm. They want to sell me a new one for $900. Is there anybody besides the dealer who can reflash the pcm?
mikel

Post by mikel »

really odd to see pc just die on its own, you can check ebay, etc for a much better price.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Westex71

Post by Westex71 »

Update;

Had to replace the pcm which had some blown traces on the circuit board. Got a reman unit. Installed it, and had the keys reprogrammed. Also had to readjust the neutral safety switch. I haven't put a tune in it yet, but I did plug the intune in and all the screens came up quick with no delays. I have to say I'm a little Leary about putting a tune back into the vehicle.