Dry Nitrous help

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

StangATX

Dry Nitrous help

Post by StangATX »

Hey guys!

I'd like some advise on how I could run my Dry Nitrous kit that I just bought from Nitrous Outlet. (I didn't want to go for a Wet kit for multiple reasons, 1st one being that I didn't want to cut/tape my fuel line. 2nd I didn't wanna take a chance to get a backfire and BBQ my car lol). Anyways, I'm planning on running 75Shots from now and max 100 later (I don't wanna go higher than 100. I believe it's plenty of power for me). I email my tuner @DiabloMatt and he told me I could just apply the 87 tune from Diablosport and put some 93 Octane. After reading some forum I'm kinda lost on what to do lol. I replied to my tuner but he didn't answer me back yet. He must be in vacation or something... Nitrous Outlet made me buy newer sparkplugs (Brisk RR12S) and they told me to gap them at .032 Anyways, since my tuner didn't reply to me yet I'd like y'all's opinion. Should I got with that 87 tune and put some 93 Octane or do something else? Also, My car is a 2016 Ford Mustang V6 (3.7L). I don't have a MAF on the car. It works by speed density. How is the car going to know there's Nitrous being sprayed and add fuel...? Do I need to modify the tune myself? Also, I heard if I don't drive under spray my sparkplugs will mess up my engine... Is that true? (Sorry for the tons of questions guys. I know y'all are the expert here. I only swear by your tuner! :P )

If I get everything working out I'll make a tutorial for the next person that would like to do it too :)

Thanks for your time!
mikel

Re: Dry Nitrous help

Post by mikel »

a dry kit must have some way to increase fuel flow when the N2O starts spraying.
Even if it had a MAF I would see that as a terrible way to calculate the volume of nitrous. I dont see how it will work at all on a MAF-less application unless you come up with a way to spike fuel pressure under nitrous load. Id suggest a wet kit here myself.

As far as the 87 tune, thats to keep it at stock timing levels which should be fine.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com