2016 Mustang GT 6 spd cannot set axle ratio

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

InterMechanico

2016 Mustang GT 6 spd cannot set axle ratio

Post by InterMechanico »

Hi. I'm hoping someone is able to help me with this issue?

I swapped out stock 3.31 rear end in favor of a good used 3.73 Torsen rear end. I purchased an i2020 to set the appropriate ratio, but have so far been unable to accomplish anything. In fact, the only thing I've managed to do is to lose Race Mode from my driving mode selector.

I have tried the following:

-set axle ratio to 3.73 in advanced settings, Quick Adjust
-enable axle ratio change in stock tune, apply tune (this is when Race Mode disappeared)
-applied 93 octane tune with axle ratio change enabled
-applied 91 octane tune with axle ratio change enabled

I have probably tried the above listed processes at least three times each. The end result is the same each time; One quick accel through 1st and 2nd, almost no response from 3rd, fourth is better but lagging. Turning off Traction Control and Advanced Trac don't seem to improve things either. It must just be in limp mode. I'm still hoping that this can be sorted out with the i2. It would be nice to Race Mode back as well.

Do I just need to get the dealer to re-flash it with the correct ratio? :blowup: :D

Thank you in advance for your help.

InterMechanico
StangATX

Re: 2016 Mustang GT 6 spd cannot set axle ratio

Post by StangATX »

If you're in TX I can do it for you. I have a tool like IDS to enable features on the car and I can change axle ratio with tire as well without using the tuner. Or you can check the mustang6g in dyi section you'll find some nice stuff. Not sure if the tuner can do it. You might wanna wait for them to check with you.
mikel

Post by mikel »

sounds like maybe the device is not up to date?

try this, restore stock tune, update with ignition, then try it again.
if it still doesn't work, please post the current info.xml file from the i2 drive here.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
InterMechanico

Post by InterMechanico »

Thank you, Mike. I have updated the device again using Ignition last night, and will try again in a few hours. The first update I did happened automatically when I first connected the device to my computer. I imagine that was just a firmware update? I will post the results when I get it done.

Thank you StangSTX for your offer! I'm located in Vancouver B.C. Canada, so I'm a little far away to take you up on it.

Julian
InterMechanico

Post by InterMechanico »

No luck today. Are these the files you require?

Thank you.

Julian
mikel

Post by mikel »

PLEASE LOAD THIS TUNE AND WHEN PROMPTED, CHOOSE TO RESET PARAMETERS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com