Any difference between i1 ans i2 tunes? Custom Tunes?

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Swillier

Any difference between i1 ans i2 tunes? Custom Tunes?

Post by Swillier »

Is there anything different be tween the original intune ant the I2 version that I should be concerned with? Truck is a 2013 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost. Are the tune files the same, or have there been any improvements in the new version? Is there any reason I need to consider upgrading the device on a model that is supported by the original intune? ( I know I'd need it for newer models)

I originally bought the intune for a Chevy Tahoe and had DiabLew custom tunes on it. Luckily I remembered at the last second to unlinked it when I sold the Tahoe and now have been using it on my '13 Ecoboost for the last year or so. I'd like to get a custom tune for it. I liked DiabLew, but I don't think they like ford.

Custom tune question:
Are there any "preferred" ecoboost custom tuners that you'd recommend? I am doing a few upgrades to help free up the system and I think a custom tune would be good. (Adding 4" MBRP catback, catch can, and probably a panel filter this week) I'm also hoping a custom tune would help compensate for any altitude specific issues I see here. Can I still do custom tunes on the old intune?

Generic tune question:
I usually run the 91 octane tune, but when I tow my camper or Jeep (generally once to twice a month in the summer), I was putting in the tow tune. I'm up at altitude in Colorado, and I've had some quirks with the tow tune getting hot too quick and giving me occasional check engine lights for boost warning when I get up really high (10,000 ft + elevation). Is the tow tune a 91 octane tune or does it want better fuel? It is listed between 93 and 91 on the tune list. The best fuel we get here is 91 octane.

Could I just tow on 91 and stop switching tunes?

Thanks for the help!
mikel

Re: Any difference between i1 ans i2 tunes? Custom Tunes?

Post by mikel »

tunes are same from i1 to i2, yes.

check with 5 start tuning for a good ecoboost source.

The tow tune will work with 87+, and shouldn't cause any heating/cooling issues...if you wee towing it was likely load related.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com