2013 Explorer Sport

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

mikel

Re: 2013 Explorer Sport

Post by mikel »

good deal, lets try this one, should be fine to drive normally.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
isiddall

Post by isiddall »

i loaded this and did about 100km's of mixed city/hwy driving and logged random bits, I noticed that there's quite a few "weird" entries in the 'intake manifold absolute pressure' column with this tune installed. it shows as zero in the dataviewer app, but if you export to csv there's thousands of instances of things like "All Alarm Trigger Events" "KV Security ID", "REM Security ID Transfer Flag", "Security ID Transfer Flag", "Front & Rear Parameters", "Security ID", "Reset SCL Security ID", I was just expecting to see regular numbers from like 0 to 130 or so in this column. Around 15% of the cells have words in them instead of just numbers. This does not happen on the stock tune. I reverted to stock, took some logs and it was all numbers, loaded this tune and logged and get all these words in there. something is certainly not right.
mikel

Post by mikel »

aside from the log data, did the truck run/drive properly?

can you post one of those logs please?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
isiddall

Post by isiddall »

Here is a log of some mixed driving in both the raw format it comes fro mthe i3 in as well as in csv, you can see that whenever it starts throwing words into the cells where map data should be it starts pulling timing like crazy. like 20-35degrees, you can see it happen pretty clearly at 1m42s, 2m32s, 3m28s, 4m13s etc. This log has around 94k samples and 11k of the ones for the map sensor are not actual data. that's a pretty big percentage of time to have no map sensor data.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
isiddall

Post by isiddall »

At this point I don't really want to continue with this, what is advertised as a quick easy tune has definitely not been so. I've had to sink way more time into this than is even kind of reasonable and instead of purchasing a tested and true product it's pretty clear I'm the guinea pig for something new or unexpected. I don't really want to pay as well as donate my time and vehicle for beta testing. I don't have confidence in this process and don't feel I've been provided what I have purchased. At this point after patiently cooperating for quite some time, I'd like to politely request a refund.

Thanks,

Ian.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Understood, please contact the retailer or give us a call if you purchased direct.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
isiddall

Post by isiddall »

Thanks Mike, I just called support and they got the refund sorted out. Appreciate all your help, unfortunate it didn't work out for the ford. Still happy with it for my GMC and customer support is always great.

Thanks,

Ian.