Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for Ford vehicles Issues and Questions on F150 Tunes

Issues and Questions on F150 Tunes

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:39 am

Bought the i3 for my Dodge and added a license for my Ford F150. When I use the tuner on my Ford there are 3 choices under Easy Tunes, 93 octane, 91 Octane and 87 Octane. When I select one of these tunes (in my test, 87 octane) and when it asks me, "Use Select Tune", I choose No. I'm immediately taken to a screen labeled "Install Standard Tune". On this screen are a bunch more (3 pages) of tunes that did not have access to before (either under Easy or Advanced Tune (the only two options to select for tunes).

20181216_150543.jpg

20181216_144626.jpg

Why do these tunes only show up when backing out of a tune install?

What are these tunes?

When installing a tune is there any way to know what it is changing?

Lastly, it seems like there is a glitch in one screen. On the "Tune Vehicle" screen, the backup icon in the upper left corner is greyed out... it cannot be selected. So you only options are to either unplug the device and start over or select "Apply Tune", Modify Parameters or Backup Only. I see no reason not to be able to back out of this screen.

arrow1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:49 am

easy tune is designed to display limited options but that doesnt always work for some applications where CAI tune are needed, so it goes from the easy menu to the advanced menu.
The advanced menu is the correct tune list for your vehicle.

We'll have to check out the back arrow being grayed out, hadnt noticed that before.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:47 pm

mikel wrote:
easy tune is designed to display limited options but that doesnt always work for some applications where CAI tune are needed, so it goes from the easy menu to the advanced menu.
The advanced menu is the correct tune list for your vehicle.

I would think it would make more sense to just back the user up one menu if they choose not to install the Easy tune... not automatically take them to a list of Standard tunes. If they don't want to install one certain Easy tune, why is it programmed to think they automatically want to install a Standard tune. That makes no sense.

But also, is there any way to know what these Standard tunes are and do? They have super generic names with no explanation as to what they are or do. This question really goes to even the Easy tunes... what changes do they make? Is there any way to know?

Lastly, if I choose just to change, say the tire revolutions per mile (to adjust the speedometer), it seems like I am then forced to reinstall the last loaded tune. If this correct? I'm asking as I'm needing to change the tire revolutions number to fine tune the speedometer but do still want to keep the installed tune.

Return to i2/i3 for Ford vehicles