i2 tuner issue

Post here with any questions you have regarding theuse of the i2 on supported Ford applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

brstrb

i2 tuner issue

Post by brstrb »

went to retune my 2013 f150 for spedo error and got this message. "this vehicle is currently not supported;an update may be required.please plug the i2 into a pc to download any updates." plugged it into my pc but can't find any way to update the unit. Support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. xml attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brstrb

Re: i2 tuner issue

Post by brstrb »

updated the tuner after installing update agent 1.0 from the downloads section. Tuner allowed me to reinstall the tune and it seemed like all was well until it completed and said to turn off the key.

At that point it will not start not and I am dead in the water. when i try to go in to the tune function it tries to communicate after asking for the key to be set to run. Can't seem to get into the the tune function to try to restore the original tune or perform a fresh tune.

Not sure what to do now??
mikel

Re: i2 tuner issue

Post by mikel »

Well...it looks like you had a dealer update it at some point since you last tuned it?
And never put it back to stock first?
SOme of these updates from Ford make the tool think its still the same, but it isnt, so without having restored before the dealer flashed it, the tool loaded a tune for the old cal even though the pcm had been updated.
Likely going to have t get it to a dealer for a reflash then we can reset the device.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com