I3 Update Issue attempting to flash 2017 Silverado 6.2

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

farmermcfarmington

I3 Update Issue attempting to flash 2017 Silverado 6.2

Post by farmermcfarmington »

My brother purchased an I3 for his 2014 Silverado 5.3 and had a fantastic tune done by DiabLew.
After riding in it, I decided I needed my own Silverado so I picked up 2017 with the 6.2.

I purchased an additional license for the I3, downloaded Ignition and attempted to update the unit.
After it said there were no more updates, I plugged the I3 into my truck and attempted to load the standard
Diablo Tune. I get an error message stating that one of the ECU's (I assume this is referring to ECU and TCU)
needs updated software downloaded from Ignition to be able to flash. I know that currently there is no TCU
support from Diablo for my truck.....but geeze does the 8 speed need help :wink:

When I plug the I3 into my computer again and attempt to update it, I get a message
saying "Powerteq Cloud was unable to process your device. Please try again in 15 minutes"
I did attempt to update the I3 via WIFI but that also did not change anything.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalled Ignition and also shutting off the firewall but no luck.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.
mikel

Re: I3 Update Issue attempting to flash 2017 Silverado 6.2

Post by mikel »

the message you got is saying that the device wants to read out the PCM since it is not supported currently.

Please let it read out the files from the truck then post them here, the files will be in the tunes folder on the i3 drive.

Also post the info.xml file if you still get any errors on the ignition server.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
yjm197284

Post by yjm197284 »

I am having exact same problem 2017 5.3 GMC 4 wheel 8 speed gives try again in 15 minutes but I can never download file. These are the only files in folders from today. There is no number 4. I just got this tuner, I have used Diablo before with no problems. I need help, I have done all I can, Thanks Larry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yjm197284

Post by yjm197284 »

Also here is info file. I did update prior to trying to install. The tuner told me another update was needed ignition just tell me unable to install updates but does tell me some are available but to try again in 15 minutes. I have uninstalled program retried etc....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

yjm197284 wrote:Also here is info file. I did update prior to trying to install. The tuner told me another update was needed ignition just tell me unable to install updates but does tell me some are available but to try again in 15 minutes. I have uninstalled program retried etc....
this was a server issue over the break, please update now with the ignition software and it should work after that.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
SILVER SLED

Post by SILVER SLED »

I'm having same problem. I just purchased tuner this week and would not tune my 18 Silverado. I get same message. I updated it via wifi. Very frustrated. I've had good luck in past with other diablo tuners.
mikel

Post by mikel »

SILVER SLED wrote:I'm having same problem. I just purchased tuner this week and would not tune my 18 Silverado. I get same message. I updated it via wifi. Very frustrated. I've had good luck in past with other diablo tuners.
can you please update it once time with the ignition software then try it again?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
SILVER SLED

Post by SILVER SLED »

mikel wrote:
SILVER SLED wrote:I'm having same problem. I just purchased tuner this week and would not tune my 18 Silverado. I get same message. I updated it via wifi. Very frustrated. I've had good luck in past with other diablo tuners.
can you please update it once time with the ignition software then try it again?

Thanks
I tried updating tuner with ignition several times. It kept saying can't do it, try again in 15 min..... Tried it on two different computers. But yes I will try it again. Was there any known reason this was happening, was server down??
mikel

Post by mikel »

I believe the server was down over the weekend, yes.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com