Trouble tuning with i3 8245

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

slayer420

Trouble tuning with i3 8245

Post by slayer420 »

I'm having trouble tuning my 2017 silverado 5.3 . I updated my i3 8245 with my computer for the first time. the i3 8245 updated the group_update.iftg file successfully on the device. when I try to install a tune on my vehicle i get the message one or more ECU's in this vehicle requires an update prior to tuning. Please connect this i3 to ignition and download available updates. I reconnected it to the computer and open the ignition software. Ignition says there are available updates for my device, do you want to install them now, so I click yes and I get the message Powerteq cloud was unable to process your device. Please try again in 15 minutes, which I do and it does the same thing. The update version thats on the screen is 1.53.30112.47534. I open the more info tab within ignition and notice that that the application-gui says missing, everything else within the info tab has information next to each category. I open the intune i2 updater (which has what I believe to be a version number that is 2r01h at the top) and register my device and then proceed to click the check for updates tab and get an error message group_update.iftg Failed to copy Access to the path 'C:\group_update.iftg' is denied. I open the version tab within the updater file in windows, it says I have version 2r02c. Please help I have tried everything I can think of
mikel

Re: Trouble tuning with i3 8245

Post by mikel »

can you please post the info.xml file from the i3 drive so we can check it out?

it likely just needs one more update, may have been a server issue over the weekend.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
slayer420

Re: Trouble tuning with i3 8245

Post by slayer420 »

I was able to get the ignition software to download. It must have been a server issue.