Torque Management

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

javk

Torque Management

Post by javk »

Just got an i2. Installed the diablotune can feel the difference. What I want to know is did the diablotune disable Torque management? and if not how can i do that. Thanks
mikel

Re: Torque Management

Post by mikel »

Yes, TM is heavily reduced, all we leave for you is in the TCM upshift TM setting.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
s8ek48

Post by s8ek48 »

If TM is heavily reduced, what is still stopping the vehicle from having full power on take off?
For example my 2011 Silverado 4.8 takes off the same with predator tune as stock at least for a good 3 or 4 seconds. Seems to be no parameters for that. Won't even spin on wet pavement until a few seconds later when power is released.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

4.8's are weak to begin with, no it won't spin 'em...

try disabling traction control and stabilitrak.. you have to hold down the traction control button on your dash for about 6-8 seconds to disable them both..

that's the only way to disable them.. those can not be disabled in a tune..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
s8ek48

Post by s8ek48 »

Alright thanks,
I did have TC and stabilitrak off, so you think its lack of power not a ecm or tcm restriction?
Surely one of your custom tunes would help, right? I pm'ed you about it earlier, I'm just trying to determine if its going to give me what I want or if I'm aiming too high for too little.
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

i can adjust more things and give it more performance than the preset tunes, yes.. probably still will not be able to spin the tires though..

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpm's, better tranny performance/shifting (for automatics), etc...

I change a lot of things... a small sample of just SOME of the things are: disable the DOD/AFM (if applicable), disable torque management, adjust part-throttle fueling/timing, WOT fueling/timing, knock retard settings, throttle settings, tranny torque, tranny torque management, tranny shifting settings (for automatics - pressure/firmness, shift points, quickness), etc...

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 2 mpg increase... tough to say due to all of the variables in play - which is why there is no guarantee of any specific amount of hp/tq or mileage gains.
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net