2017 Silverado 5.3/6A

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

brendo_ballz

2017 Silverado 5.3/6A

Post by brendo_ballz »

Hey guys I've been having issues with my intune ever since I installed it. I was apart of the group of people who bought there intune and waited for awhile till it was supported for our vehicles. Anyways, once our vehicles were supported I went to go install the tune, I followed the steps with ignition and such however I've never been able to tune my TCM. YES MY TRUCK IS FOR SURE A 6 SPEED I HAVE REASSURED IN MULTIPLE WAYS INCLUDONG RPO CODES. With that being said it was a long and slow message process with tech support which basically said that it should work yet it didn't. My device ended up freezing completely, I got with tech support sent them the device, they found it was corrupted and sent a new or repaired device. I got the new device and followed the instructions yet again went to install it and still can't tune the TCM, it doesn't even come up on the screen or even read it when backing up the original tune. Now I tried updating it again and it seems to fail on ignition again. Anyone got any ideas, I'm asking the forums because it was a long tiring process with tech support and I basically got told it should work or that I have a 8 speed and believe me I can only shift into 6 gears.
mikel

Re: 2017 Silverado 5.3/6A

Post by mikel »

please post the info.xml file from the i2 drive so we can check this out.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
brendo_ballz

Post by brendo_ballz »

Sorry if this is a dumb question but do i need the tuner to be installed so that the vehicle comes up on the info? I only ask because I uninstalled the intone yesterday because I was going to be truck in for service.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brendo_ballz

Post by brendo_ballz »

I cleared updates and updated the device via ignition again. Plugged it into my truck still no option for TCM at all. Here is the info with it being paired t the vehicle if it makes a difference. I wouldn't be so pushy for the TCM tuning if the truck shifted better from the factory. I had the i1000 in my 2014 Silverado with a tune from Lew and it drove day and night difference, hopefully we can figure it out because these 2017 trucks need that tune to truly wake them up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

brendo_ballz wrote:I cleared updates and updated the device via ignition again. Plugged it into my truck still no option for TCM at all. Here is the info with it being paired t the vehicle if it makes a difference. I wouldn't be so pushy for the TCM tuning if the truck shifted better from the factory. I had the i1000 in my 2014 Silverado with a tune from Lew and it drove day and night difference, hopefully we can figure it out because these 2017 trucks need that tune to truly wake them up.
Please restore the stock tune to the truck, and load the attached update to the i2 drive.
Then try tuning hte truck one more time and it should prompt you to tune the TCM.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
brendo_ballz

Post by brendo_ballz »

Thanks finally got it to work I should have just came to the forums first time!