new 2030 user, instant issues

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

mikel

Re: new 2030 user, instant issues

Post by mikel »

Lets reset the device.
settings/advanced/tech support/advanced/registry reset.
type out the key it displays and post it here and leave the tool on that screen until I reply.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

Post by grandprixfamily »

will do, at work, ill try to get to this tomorrow morning.

just frustrating. took the truck out for another drive, and the shifts are just terrible. even my wife commented, and she isnt normally one to say anything unless its really obvious.

ill try to call in tomorrow morning.
grandprixfamily

This Florida time thing is killing me. Truck is still all sorts of screwed up with no resolution. Now it doesn't shift at all, or seems to want to skip shifts. This is terrible service. Tried to make it home on time today early from work to meet your florida schedule, but missed it by minutes.

I want my truck back to stock, and a refund. I am more than happy to have the dealership reflash it and send you the bill. I have an appointment thursday at 10 to have them reflash it to stock, at a cost of 130. Where do i send the bill to?
mikel

Post by mikel »

I am confident we can get it back to 100% stock. I apologize for the time difference.
If you must take t to the dealer please send us the invoice. Were you already working with anyone here via email?
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

i submitted a ticket or inquiry on the website, and received one email back asking to upload the files, since the website was giving me an error when trying to do so as part of the initial inquiry. I responded with the files, and never heard back. I tried emailing again in the same chain, again asking of anything was being done about this, and even included link to this thread, no response. So long story, sort of, short story, no, no one ever actually helped me.

so ya, im frustrated. tuner immediately screws up, jacks my car up in the process, and then this just drags out. ill be calling shortly, got some time off this morning to deal with this. i was excited to have a cool new toy for the truck, but the way it drives now, is just terrible, and getting progressively worse, FAST. I worry it could have caused some damage or excessive wear. Feels like it wants to slip, then all of a sudden bang a gear, or just rev and not shift, or the time it actually did lose a gear and set the light, etc. That cant be good for it.
mikel

Post by mikel »

can you forward me the email chain that shows the response from someone here?
mlitsch @ powerteq.com

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

just got off the phone with your place, another guy, i am pretty sure his name was mike as well, said you were busy. i wanted to speak with you to not explain it all again, but oh well, i get it, he said you were the boss and busy, no biggie. we did the registry reset, and back to the same result. i explained all the info to him, and he said to just follow up with you. he seemed a bit reluctant to help unfortunately. I get it, i tried to tell him i didnt want to start all over, and just go with the person who knew what was up, but we did the reset and it didnt fix it. same "unsupported...software update..." message.

off to the dealer tomorrow it goes i guess.

sadly, i still want this to work....... I dont want a "stock" truck, none of my cars are "stock". maybe after the dealer resets it, itll work? Something must have been fragged in the PCM when it tuned it. Gave my truck it a bad file, now its all messed up, and sees it as unsupported. So im hoping the new pcm dealer update flash will help sort it out.
mikel

Post by mikel »

can you post the current info.xml file from the i2 drive?
it just sounds like its not talking to the truck at all.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

it is able to show the vin in the i2, so it at least communicates that much.

file attached.

Ill try to check this thread before i head in to the dealer tomorrow, give myself enough time for a last ditch effort to save this thing before we just go back to square one. one way or another, the truck needs to get sorted out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Yeah, the device is no tmarried to the vehicle, so from everything I can see the truck is on the stock tune at this time.
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

truck is now at dealer, for the day. they are backed up apparently.... such is my luck, and ill get it back by the end of the day they hope, maybe tomorrow.

where is that (bangheadondesk) smiley when yoyu need it?

What is the address to send the bill to? Want to PM it to me?
mikel

Post by mikel »

email it to me, mlitsch @ powerteq.com
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

what a shitshow that was. took it to gmc dealer yesterday at around 10, with appointment, was told 2 hours itll be done, end of day at worst.

find out today at 1, after no calls back, etc, that they havnt even started it yet. WTF, its a PCM flash/software update, come on.....

went and retrieved truck, took across street to Chevy dealer, and just now got home. That whole ordeal turned into basically a 2 day adventure.

anyway, invoice is now on the way to you via email scan. i have an inquiry in to powerteq on ebay to get this i2 returned or swapped out. its been a couple days, no response there either....

I have just had the worst friggin luck with this whole ordeal.
grandprixfamily

Update:

Got a replacement tuner, did updates and threw the basic time in there. Worked out soo much better this time!

Thank you Mike for help me with this. It was a painfully frustrating shit show, but it all seems to be ok now. I still need to fine tune the tune itself, but for now, it's firmer shifts and not the weirdness I was experiencing before. Sadly about 2 days after the tune my alternator died, but that is unrelated.... Or is it? :lol:
mikel

Post by mikel »

grandprixfamily wrote:Update:

Got a replacement tuner, did updates and threw the basic time in there. Worked out soo much better this time!

Thank you Mike for help me with this. It was a painfully frustrating shit show, but it all seems to be ok now. I still need to fine tune the tune itself, but for now, it's firmer shifts and not the weirdness I was experiencing before. Sadly about 2 days after the tune my alternator died, but that is unrelated.... Or is it? :lol:
Glad to hear it.

Nothing in the tunes can cause an alternator to fail, sounds like a terrible coincidence....
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com