new 2030 user, instant issues

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

grandprixfamily

new 2030 user, instant issues

Post by grandprixfamily »

So I received mine in the mail today, and immediately did all the updates, etc. as described in the manual, (hook into computer, find updater program in file folder, etc) Then once that was done, went and did an easy tune to by 07 denali XL 6.2. 91 octane (uses that anyway), shift firm, no speed limiter, otherwise unchanged. its a stock truck.

came back in trying to figure out online why it wont let me access the advanced tune menu. made sure it was up to date via ignition software on diablo site, and went back out to play with truck. downloaded the log viewer program while i was at it. registered on the website, etc.

now it says my vehicle is not supported. WTF? now I cant do anything, and it has the easy tune basic tune in it apparently. i dont notice a difference in a few short drives, but i know that stuff takes a bit to learn and settle in.

what do I do now? id like to dial a few things in, but it never let me access the advanced tune menu. i thought maybe i had to put an easy tune on it first, then dial it in from there, no dice. via wifi it says no updates available as well.

I backed up all files/tunes on unit to my pc to make sure i have them still. is there a way to reset the unit and re-initilize it to my truck? in the tech support advnaced menu, it shows my vin in there under vehicle reset, so it knows what it was linked to.
mikel

Re: new 2030 user, instant issues

Post by mikel »

can you post the info.xml file from the i2 drive please so I can check this out?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

file is attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grandprixfamily

So, no help on this? Should i save the files for the stock tune and send this back to powerteq?
mikel

Post by mikel »

grandprixfamily wrote:So, no help on this? Should i save the files for the stock tune and send this back to powerteq?
it looks like all you tuned was the TCM, did you get a prompt to select a pcm tune?
Or did it tell you the pcm was unsupported?
Do you see any files in the tunes folder that start with PCM_?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

I have a trouble ticket with diablosport.com, and this is what i told them:

"I will also note that I have driven a few short trips with the "canned" base tune, and it is now affecting my transmission irregularly. Last night, I lost 6th gear on its first highway trip. It bucked when cruising at freeway speed, and then lost power, and the check engine light as well as traction control/stability control light lit up immediately. Error messages began scrolling on the dash about service trac control, service stabilitrack, etc. Shift performance is poor, and it seems to get stuck in a gear, instead of downshifting like on an onramp for the freeway, bogs, and is slow to pick up speed. This "tune" that it put in there is terrible. The transmission feels like it is out of sorts, confused. Truck seems to be down on power as well.

I am not at all happy with this. "

To add to the above, the line underneath the shift indicator, indicating manual or auto mode (D vs M), dissapeared when this happened, and it would no longer allow me to enter M mode or indicate what gear I was in. (Dash does so via a numerical number adjacent to the M). hard set code present for p0700, and a P1825 was pending.

I followed all prompts for 91 octane, remove speed limiter, etc. (which is kind of odd, since a 6.2 denali is a 91 octane from the factory....) According to the i2030, i tuned both, and i saw the dialog on the screen indicating it was doing ECM as well as TCM tunes. Truck performed flawlessly and had absolutely no issues prior to this tune.

This thing is now causing some serious issues. first highway trip (its the family hauler and boat/car trailer tower) so it doesnt go out much on long trips on a day to day basis. To put it mildly, i am ABSOLUTELY not happy about this.

I am familiar with tuning, and do custom tunes to all my other cars. If anyone remembers the old Digital Horesepower Inc tuner, an old competitor to HP tuners (which I am also familiar with) that was primarily for GM 3.8 NA and SC powered cars (i have built over 20 high powered 3.8SC custom tuned cars, fiero swaps, etc). This is by far not my first rodeo in custom tuning. I bought this equipment based on the recommendation and simplicity of a good friend who owns the main local custom fabrication and tuning shop here in town. Otherwise, I would have just purchased a license for HP tuners, went that route, and called it a day. This car has no custom modifications yet, so it was not worth going all crazy with long tuning sessions. This was SUPPOSED to be "easy".

I attached all files in the tune folder. ECM ant TCM backups, as well as ECM and TCM Tunes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grandprixfamily

well, for shits and giggles at this point, i thought id check for an update with ignition, and see if it decides to work.

it said an update was available, so went for it, let it do its thing.

went back out to car afterwards, and same deal, "this vehicle is not supported."

as badly as it is running, i dont want to drive it, that transmission issue was not cool at all. and thus far, the support for this thing is lackluster.
mikel

Post by mikel »

can you please post the current info.xml file from the i2 drive as well?
It seems it allowed you to tune the pcm and tcm previously. Have you since put the vehicle back to stock?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

mikel wrote:can you please post the current info.xml file from the i2 drive as well?
It seems it allowed you to tune the pcm and tcm previously. Have you since put the vehicle back to stock?

Thanks
yes, as I clearly explained in my first post, i got one "tune" out of this thing, before it all went downhill.

and no, i would absolutely love to put my truck back to stock, at this point, id be much happier with my truck back to stock. it now only tells me my vehicle is not supported. ill upload that new .xml file when i grab it off the unit, next post/shortly.
grandprixfamily

new .xml file attached.
mikel

Post by mikel »

ok, can you go to the truck and clickthe ? on home screen then choose the vehicle info option to see if it will display the vehicles VIN number? Make sure the key is in the RUN position when you do so.
If it does show the VIN, please go back and try restoring the stock tune and if it says unsupported, please take note of the exact message and provide me with that.
If you'd rather call in we'd be happy to go over this with you.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

mikel wrote:ok, can you go to the truck and clickthe ? on home screen then choose the vehicle info option to see if it will display the vehicles VIN number? Make sure the key is in the RUN position when you do so.
If it does show the VIN, please go back and try restoring the stock tune and if it says unsupported, please take note of the exact message and provide me with that.
If you'd rather call in we'd be happy to go over this with you.

Thanks

it does report back the vin in the vehicle when doing that, and i already stated as much in my original post.

it says the vehicle is not supported, and a software update may be needed.

picture attached of on screen message.
grandprixfamily

at this point, i am getting painfully tired of repeating myself, and stuck with a poorly flashed/tuned truck due to defective equipment. We are 11 days in, with no resolution. This is ridiculous, and has adversely affected the vehicle.

I have been asked questions i already clearly answered more than once. I have a vehicle that is questionable to drive, and this is creeping on 2 weeks without resolution.

I submitted a ticket via the main website, and got NO response. This is a &^%$# joke, to put it plainly.

I assume now that it is friday, I will not receive a response until monday. at that point, we are certainly at the 2 week mark with nothing solved.
mikel

Post by mikel »

I assure I am not trying to make this difficult or give yo a run around. If you would prefer, please give us a call at 561-908-0040x4, with the device powered up in the vehicle, so we can resolve this in one shot.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
grandprixfamily

Tried calling, closed. Must have just missed you. It was before the cutoff time, but oh well.

EST M-F timing is a huge pain in the ass for people with jobs.......... Means ill have to take time off work to get this handled....

Still waiting on a resolution.