was i2030 software updated? info on adjusting parameters

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

ffwatson21

was i2030 software updated? info on adjusting parameters

Post by ffwatson21 »

when I plugged my i2030 into my 15 Silverado yesterday to change my shift firmness, it seemed like a new interface. it did not give me the option to switch to normal shift pressure. (I wanted to change from firm to normal because at highway speeds while coasting then gently accelerating, it always wanted to downshift). it also had no options for the throttle boost. was their a software update?
Also, the i2030 seems to have a lot of adjustments, which I don't know enough about in order to mess with them. Why cant diablo give us an idea on what increasing or decreasing "x" will do to "y"? Instead, the standard answer is, "get a custom tune from lew" No offense to lew, but id rather not spend more money for a custom tune, when I could do it myself if diablo would give us more detailed info on what the parameters are and how they will change the performance.
I cant be the only person who is frustrated about this....
mikel

Re: was i2030 software updated? info on adjusting parameters

Post by mikel »

perhaps this will help?
http://old.diablosport.com/support/adju ... ained.html

To be entirely honest, if you are not sure what its changing or why, you probably shouldn't mess with it ;)

The TCM options would be firm or hard, you should always see those 2 options.

The throttle boost will be in the advanced menu under the modify parameters button.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Chucky78

Post by Chucky78 »

Hi mike question for you. Have you had any reports on the 2015 8 speeds trans that when you have the cruise set at say 70mph and start going down the hill the trans will down shift and cruise will no longer hold the speed. I know before it never seemed to downshift. Now could this be the setting I am using for the trans? Is am using the hard shift option with the trans pressure settings turned up. Also another thing I noticed after the last update I did is that the stabiltrak turns back on after around 40 mph is this a new update?
mikel

Post by mikel »

Chucky78 wrote:Hi mike question for you. Have you had any reports on the 2015 8 speeds trans that when you have the cruise set at say 70mph and start going down the hill the trans will down shift and cruise will no longer hold the speed. I know before it never seemed to downshift. Now could this be the setting I am using for the trans? Is am using the hard shift option with the trans pressure settings turned up. Also another thing I noticed after the last update I did is that the stabiltrak turns back on after around 40 mph is this a new update?
Noting I have seen or heard, what vehicle is this?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
Chucky78

Post by Chucky78 »

It is on a 2015 gmc 1500 Denali with a 6.2 and and the 8 speed.