2017 GMC Sierra 5.3 8 speed - Cruise Control malfunctioning

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

sgodwin85

2017 GMC Sierra 5.3 8 speed - Cruise Control malfunctioning

Post by sgodwin85 »

So I have been have some weird things happening since downloading the i2 tunes to my truck and then I had Lew hook me up (Fantastic Tune) hoping the issues would resolve themselves but unfortunately eveytime I try to set the cruise it either let me set at all or it will set briefly then cut out. Any suggestions out there to fix this? Long drive tomorrow and would love to be able to use the cruise.

Additionally, every time I load a new tune stock or custom after it writes and you get the "on / off commands my truck will do a really short attempted start just when the key is in the On position.... explanations?!? Help?!?
mikel

Re: 2017 GMC Sierra 5.3 8 speed - Cruise Control malfunction

Post by mikel »

the cruise issue is unfortunately normal on the 17 trucks if you adjust tire size. We're looking into it to see if there is anything we can do to keep that from being an issue.

As for the starter, my only though would be that you might be bumping the key too far forward at key on?
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
DavidG17

Post by DavidG17 »

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 6.2L 8 Speed Tranny. I finally got the i3 to work (the dreaded wireless update loop). My cruise control also is now not working. I can set it and it will stay on as long as it is at 72 mph or less. Anything over will turn it off after a 1 second delay. After all of the great reviews and the fact that this truck has been out for a year, I expected more from Diablosport. I even called Diablosport before I purchased the i3 and gave the specifics of my truck (over size tires and the lift kit). It was never mentioned that installing this tune would disable my cruise control. This is a deal breaker and I will be returning for a refund. I was ok with the fact that the 2017 8 speed tranny was not supported at this time, but I am not ok with the i3 breaking / disabling features on my truck I have had for less than 3 weeks.
mikel

Post by mikel »

Nothing is broken, this is an unfortunate change GM made. Anything you do to correct the tire size is going to cause the same disabling of cruise at certain speeds.
We have added some copy to our website to indicate this. Its not ideal but it is something that will happen on 17/18 trucks when you adjust tire size.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com
DavidG17

Post by DavidG17 »

Mike,

I restored back to original and then I reinstalled the tune. Now my cruise control works. I had it set at 75mph and 80mph and it stayed. I am not sure how that meshes with your statement that the cruise stop working if you adjust tire size. When I did reinstall the tune, I did change tire size to 34.5" and it worked and I had it at 35" when it didn't work. I also turned off the maximum speed on the second tune.
mikel

Post by mikel »

the setting you program it to can affect when/how cruis works as it is tied into the ABS module and at some point it will go out of range, leading to the loss of cruise control.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
561-908-0040

tech@diablosport.com