2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0l gasser: no shift adj in I3?

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

silversurfer525

2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0l gasser: no shift adj in I3?

Post by silversurfer525 »

Hi

Just loaded 87 oct tune using easy tune, and there was no allowance to adj the trans shift to "firm" I tried to go to adv tunes, and still, no allowance to do a trans shift adj to firm.

Do I have to buy a trinity for that functionality?

I am on the "Lew" plan, so after I get 150 miles on the clock, perhaps his custom tune will make that adj?

Thanks in advance.
06MonteSS

Re: 2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0l gasser: no shift adj in I3?

Post by 06MonteSS »

if you have the 8 speed tranny, you can not adjust anything for the tranny.. the 8 speed is not supported and can not be tuned.. only the engine can be tuned..

If you have an Allison tranny, you can not adjust anything for the tranny.. the Allison is not supported and can not be tuned.. only the engine can be tuned..

if you have the 6 speed tranny, you should be able to...

the first thing you will need to do is connect it to your computer and update it.. follow the update instructions in the Quick Start Guide or full User Manual... there could be a few updates, so it could take a little while...

and when it seems like after its finally done and just sitting at the main screen, then unplug it from your computer, wait a few seconds... then plug it back in again.. and run the updater again to see if it does any more updates....

You can find the full inTune i2/i3 User Manual here: http://www.diablosport.com/content/uplo ... manual.pdf

after all the updating is done... then you can connect it to your vehicle and go to Tune Vehicle - Advanced Mode - and select one of the preset tunes -- either the "87 Octane Tune" if you use 87/89 octane gas most of the time, or the "Diablo Tune" if you're going to use 91/93 octane gas all the time....

Then it should ask you to select a TCM tune for the tranny, so select the "Firm Shift" tune...

then select Install/Apply Tune and install the tunes...

06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
silversurfer525

Yep, I have the 6 speed tranny. No luck finding any adj in the I3. The user manual is outdated as it isnt referring to the ignition updater, which is what is used today.

Had dinner, then went to try to see if the wireless updater worked. Sure enough, I was able to enter my password and now Im able to get wireless updates.

However, when I keep checking for updates, it keeps saying they are available, and keeps loading the same updates. Then, when I go to my truck, to hopefully be able to see the TCM so I can adjust my 6 speed trany to Firm, no luck. Was hoping the wireless issue bug was the reason the right update wasnt coming thru that might allow me to do "firm" shift adjs.

My build sheet says I have the 6 Speed Automatic Mode Select with Manual Mode (6L90) trans. How come I cannot adj it with the I3? Im hoping Lew's custom tune will make the requisite TCM adjs.....??

Thanks in advance.
mikel

Post by mikel »

we're looking into this.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
mikel

Post by mikel »

please restore the stock tune then load this update ot the i3 drive then try tuning it again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
silversurfer525

Hi

It wont tune.

See the following file that it told me to send to you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.