2010 Suburban 5.3 tuning

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

NukeThemTillTheyGlow

2010 Suburban 5.3 tuning

Post by NukeThemTillTheyGlow »

I could not/can not get the wi-if to work to update the tuner so I used the included USB cable to connect to one of my PC's and ran updates. Then reconnected to SUV. It takes a while to boot up, but if I select the settings first and display the vehicle info, then the tuning works. Not sure what the fix is for that? Its very sluggish when it first starts up and only the settings button on the bottom is active.

I went with 87 octane "easy tune", disabled DoD (AFM) and bumped shift up one level to "firm". Drove around for about 15 min, seems to have more power...clearly accelerates faster/smoother, tranny shifts better, esp 1-2, 2-3. Confirmed AFM disabled by displaying instant fuel economy and it never leaves V8 mode.

Wife will drive for first time tomorrow and I'm monitoring gas mileage which I'm very curious to see what the impact is. Then if its going well, I'll pay the extra $100 and update my 2011 Avalanche too.

Any other suggested changes I should make?