Board index i2/i3 Technical discussion i2/i3 for GM vehicles i2 will not update

i2 will not update

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:29 pm

I have tried multiple times to update my i2 tuner. It keeps failing the group update. I have added pics of the menus I get once I plug it in. It goes between thumbnail 4 and 5 until it finally gives me the error in thumbnail 6. Please help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:34 pm

the device is in test mode for some reason and will need to come in for a fix, please give us a call monday to set up an rma# to send it in.

561-908-0040x4

Thanks
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:39 pm

I received a new I2 today. My old one had corrupted software so a new one was sent to me. I have tried to update the new one. I plugged it into my truck to put a new tune on it and its telling me that this vehicle has been tuned previously by a Diablo product and to restore to factory settings and start anew. I have gone through every menu and I cannot find the factory settings. Were they transferred from the OLD unit to this NEW one? If so, how do I restore my truck?

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:17 pm

it read the files from your truck, please post the files from the tunes folder on the i3 drive so we can get you back to stock.
Mike Litsch
Powerteq Customer Service Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040x4
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

Return to i2/i3 for GM vehicles