i3 8245 not tuning?

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

SILVER SLED

i3 8245 not tuning?

Post by SILVER SLED »

I tried to tune my 18 Silverado with the i3 I just purchased. I updated the i3 via wifi and as far as I can tell it did update. It seemed to go through the processes to update. I hooked it up to the truck, selected the tune and topmspeed governor, but attempting to install "One or more ECU's in this vehicle requires an update prior to tuning. Please connect this i3 to ignition and download available updates." And of course would not tune the vehicle. I tried a few times, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
SILVER SLED

Re: i3 8245 not tuning?

Post by SILVER SLED »

Well after doing some research I discovered my tuner itself needs updated. So I download ignition (most non intuitive name possible for application) and all seems like it's going well. I say yes to updated my tuner and it gives me a message stating it can't update, wait 15 minutes. Has been saying that all day now. Super frustrated at this point. .
slayer420

Post by slayer420 »

Mine is doing the same thing on my 2017 silverado. As of right now I own a $380 programmer that doesn't program. Ive done everything I can possibly think of, with no success. I'm frustrated it shouldn't be this difficult to use this device. Customer service is only available to call on the weekdays from 8-5 eastern, which is an inconvenience for me because I'm on Pacific time and I work during those days and hours that they are available.
SILVER SLED

Post by SILVER SLED »

Well looks like we're in the same boat. My only hope is that after emailing Diablew (a diablo tuner), he said that maybe Diablos server is down. Hope that's the case and all is well tomorrow. Good luck. If I know anything I'll let you know. I would think with all the apparent issues with the i3, customer service would be more readily available.
slayer420

Post by slayer420 »

Hopefully that’s all that’s wrong. If I find anything out I will let you know as well
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

yes, diablo's update server was down over the weekend...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
slayer420

Post by slayer420 »

I was able to get the ignition software to download. It must have been the server
SILVER SLED

Post by SILVER SLED »

slayer420 wrote:I was able to get the ignition software to download. It must have been the server
Same here. Good to hear.