Diablo tunes not working

Post here with any questions regarding the use of the i2 on supported Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, and Pontiac applications.

Moderator: sohfast94

KyleDeO

Diablo tunes not working

Post by KyleDeO »

I have an 09 GMC Sierra 5.3 with the Texas Speed afm delete kit, and the preloaded tunes will not work on my truck, when I run 87 octane with the corresponding tune the truck idels really rough, and you have to use a lot of throttle to even get the truck to move. I’ve tried the other tunes with the correlating tunes and it’s the same. Any ideas on what would be causing this?
mikel

Re: Diablo tunes not working

Post by mikel »

does the truck run properly without the tune?

was it programmed previously to deal with the AFM delete?

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
KyleDeO

Post by KyleDeO »

Yes truck runs fine with out a tune, was not reprogrammed after the delet, everything replaced was stock parts, I modified stock tune shut off afm/dod, and the truck is fine, but when I try to push one of the canned tunes truck runs like crap
mikel

Post by mikel »

thats really odd.

Can you load one of the tunes then grab the files from the i2 drive/tune folder and post them here then put it back to stock?

Also post the info.xml file from the i2 drive please.

Thanks
Mike Litsch
DiabloSport Brand Manager
Diablo Tech support by phone:
561-908-0040
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST

tech@diablosport.com
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

did you disable the DOD/AFM setting in the preset canned tunes when you installed it? other than that, would really be nothing done in the preset tunes to make it run like that.. since airflow/fueling is not changed at all in the preset tunes..
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net
KyleDeO

Post by KyleDeO »

I’m almost positive I did, but I’ll give that a shot when I get time and see what happens, if that doesn’t work I’ll try to figure out how to get you the info you are wanting haha
KyleDeO

Post by KyleDeO »

Hey guys I installed the diablo tune in the advanced tuning, modified the tune to shut off afm/dod and truck runs fine, what’s the difference between the diablo tune, and the standard 87,89, and 93 tunes? Aside from the tune being octane specific
06MonteSS

Post by 06MonteSS »

87/89 octane tunes are the same.. no difference..

Diablo Tune is the 93 octane tune.. no difference.. just labeled differently in the different menus.. FYI, I always recommend to select/install tunes from the Advanced Mode menu...

the Diablo Tune has higher timing settings meant for the higher 91/93 octane gas..

87/89 octane tune uses stock timing settings...
06MonteSS / DiabLew Tune
2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com -- www.diablocustomtuning.net